Taste Wine, Get Smart at The Pink Palace’s Science Of Wine (On Friday 10/12!)
Whether you don’t know the first thing about wine or consider yourself a sommelier in training, The Pink Palace is ready to provide you with plenty of hands-on learning at this year’s Science of Wine event on Friday, October 12.
This year is going to be especially fun, with 95 different wines and a dozen food pairings from local restaurants (including the tuna tartare from Alchemy, pictured above).
Get your ticket now for Friday’s event – it’s not too late! They’ll also sell tickets at the door.
Here are the details/reasons to attend:
– taste many varieties and styles of wine, about 95 different kinds
– learn about the actual, well, science behind wine and winemaking with cool demos and hands-on activities
– get food samples from a dozen local restaurants, including Bounty, Char, Erling Jensen, Las Tortugas, Rizzo’s, Alchemy and more (see the full list here or below in the clutches of Mr. Skeleton)
– you’ll be the first to see the Mansion part of the Pink Palace after its renovation – it won’t be fully open to the public again until Dec. 8
– tickets are $65 ($60 for Pink Palace members) and you can get them here
Proceeds benefit the Pink Palace Education department, which educates kids from around the area about natural history and science all year-round. Photo above taken in the Pink Palace Science Lab, where I met this very bony individual holding a flying for Science of Wine. He was just dying to tell me all about the event!
Science of Wine 2018
Friday, Oct. 12
6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.