Get Cheesy This Weekend At The 2018 Memphis Grilled Cheese Fest
After taking a year off, Grilled Cheese Fest is back at the Hi-Tone for another round of cheesy, carb-filled competition with a side of tomato soup. Grilled Cheese Fest 4 is Sunday, November 4 from noon to 6 p.m.
Keep reading for ten things you need to know about this year’s event, plus a gratuitous amount of cheese-related imagery.
2. It’s a competition. Local teams will compete in Judged categories like “Best All-Around”, “Most Ridiculous”, “Most Cheesiest”, and “Best Tomato Soup”.
3. You can try samples from the 10+ teams for a $1 donation (or more). The team with the most donations wins “Fan Favorite”, and again, all proceeds go to Alive Rescue Memphis.
4. There will be other food from food trucks and from the Hi-Tone itself. The kitchen was recently reopened under the leadership of Josh McLane who, of course, offers a grilled cheese and tomato soup on the menu.
5. There will be live music in the Big Room at the Hi-Tone starting at 3 p.m. and football on the TVs in the Small Room.
6. They’re blocking off Cleveland in front of the Hi-Tone, and you can enter Grilled Cheese Fest at either end of the festival area, or through the alley. Save yourself the headache with parking/traffic and ride an Explore Bike Share bike or take an Uber/Lyft.
7. It’s a family-friendly event and there will be kids’ games and activities inside the Crosstown Arts 430 space (430 N. Cleveland).
8. The event is rain or shine.
9. The Hi-Tone has a full bar with Bloody Marys and mimosas available all day, plus sodas.
10. There will be DOGS! The Grilled Cheese Fest and Hi-Tone owner Skinny McCabe have raised more than $13,000 for Alive Rescue in the last several years – that’s a lot of happy puppies! – and they will be on hand on Sunday with adoptable dogs for you to pet and take home with you. Read more about Skinny’s love of dogs here.
What’s your favorite way to make (or eat) a grilled cheese sandwich? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll see ya on Sunday.
Grilled Cheese Festival 4
Hi-Tone & Cleveland Street (will be blocked off)
412 N. Cleveland
Sunday, November 4
noon t0 6 p.m.