Happy National Hot Dog Day! Here’s Where to Celebrate
Happy National Hot Dog Day! If you’re looking for dogs in Memphis, here’s a list! Got some to add? Leave ’em in the comments.
– Elwood’s Shack on Summer Avenue has the best hot dog I’ve had probably in my life. The BBQ Slaw Dog is an all-beef hot dog topped with slightly spicy slaw made of purple cabbage, jalapeños, and blue cheese. Yes. Blue cheese. That’s it pictured above in all its glory.
– Hog and Hominy has a beef and cheddar dog (on a pretzel bun!) on both their lunch and dinner menus.
– Memphis Dawgs is a hot dog cart that serves Nathan’s dog with different toppings. The menu varies, but he usually has a Memphis Dawg with slaw and honey BBQ sauce in addition to a New York with sauerkraut, onions, and celery salt…plus more. Check out this location via their Facebook page.
– Lunchbox Eats has the Principal’s Office Link, which is a hot sausage topped with fried eggs, lettuce, tomatoes and sauce, wrapped in a grilled cheese sandwich. Just think about that for a second.
– In delicious heart attack news, the Dirty Crow Inn has a limited-time special this week (July 17 – 22) with a bacon-wrapped Nathan’s hot dog, deep fried and covered in Pancho’s and bacon bits. See your demise below:
Where are you celebrating? Know of any other hot dog specials? Add them in the comments.