5 Things To Do This Weekend: 6/22 – 6/24
Here’s your plan for this weekend in Memphis, including the five things you won’t want to miss.
1. Levitt Shell Concerts, Levitt Shell in Overton Park, Thursday – Sunday, free, all ages/kid-friendly
Enjoy live music at the famous Levitt Shell amphitheater. Bring your kids, blankets, chairs, picnics, and a few bucks for the donation bucket. Read more here and see the schedule here.
2. Memphis Concrete, Crosstown Arts, all weekend, $15 – $40, 18+
This experimental electronic music festival returns for second year at Crosstown Arts. Performances by: Pharmakon, Circuit des Yeux, Alex Zhang Hungtai (of Dirty Beaches), and many more. There will also be movie screenings with live scores. Read more here.
3. Dreamgirls, Playhouse on the Square, all weekend, $30 – $40, 13+
Playhouse on the Square hosts the hit musical all weekend, including songs you’ll recognize like ‘And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going,’ ‘One Night Only,’ and ‘Listen’. From PotS: Dreamgirls follows the journey of a young female singing group from Chicago and will transport you to a revolutionary time in American music history. The trio ‘The Dreams’ must learn the tough lesson that show business and stardom isn’t always as glamorous as it seems.
4. Memphis Redbirds v. New Orleans Baby Cakes, AutoZone Park, Thursday – Sunday, $9 and up, all ages/kid-friendly
The Redbirds have a home series this weekend against New Orleans. Thursday’s game is at 7:05 p.m. and features $2 pregame beers and a special all-you-can-eat ticket. Friday’s game is “Star Wars Night” and starts at 7:05 p.m. Saturday’s game is at 6:35 p.m. and ends with fireworks. Sunday’s game is at 2:05 p.m. and they’ll have free ice cream for the first 1,200 kids. Details.
5. DeSoto County International Festival 2018, Landers Center, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
Celebrate the many international cultures of the Mid-South with performances, vendors, food, crafts, and more. This event is kid-friendly and goes on all day at the Landers Center in Southaven, Mississippi.
Check out even more here.