5 Things To Do This Weekend: 2/9 – 2/11
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are five things to do this weekend, plus a few extras.
P.S. It’s National Pizza Day, so check out the pizza guide here.
1. Ameripolitan Awards Weekend, Loflin/Guest House at Graceland, all weekend, free/prices vary, 18+
It’s a new Memphis music fest! Celebrate Americana music (and bluegrass, rockabilly, classic country, and more) with bands from around the world. There’s a free showcase at Loflin Yard on Friday at 9 p.m., plus shows for wristband holders on Saturday and Sunday. Read more about AAW.
2. Mardi Gras Parties
Fat Tuesday isn’t until next week, but you have a couple ways to celebrate this Saturday.
– South Main Mardi Gras Pub Crawl, S from noon to midnight, featuring four downtown bars – Carolina Watershed, Loflin Yard, Ghost River Taproom, and Dirty Crow
– Samadei Gras Carnival at Sounds Good Memphis (a newish venue at 831 S. Cooper St.) from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. with live music, food from Crawfish Shack, Gemini Pie, and Voodoo Cafe Food Trucks. Tickets are $15 at the door; check out details here.
3. E.T. w/ Memphis Symphony, Orpheum Theatre, Saturday, 7 p.m., $28+, all ages
Watch the classic extra terrestrial movie on the big screen while the Memphis Symphony Orchestra performs John Williams’ award-winning score.
4. Works of Heart, Memphis College of Art, Saturday, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., $75, 18+
Memphis Child Advocacy Center’s annual Valentines art show and auction is always a great night where you can bid on more than 100 heart-themed works by leading regional artists while enjoying complimentary beer, wine, and appetizers. Volunteers, including our blog contributor Aisling, will be on hand to provide information about artists.
5. Spillit Center Stage: Teachable Moments, Amurica, Sunday, 7 p.m., $10, 18+
Spillit is back for 2018 with a special night of storytelling. This is a Center Stage event, meaning several pre-selected folks will make you laugh, cry, think, and get those warm fuzzy feelings while they stand up and tell their tales. Just sit back, listen, and enjoy drinks from the bar (your $10 includes drinks, but be sure to tip.
– wish book: William E. Jones at Crosstown Arts (through Feb. 11)
– The Laser Show: New Works by Playhouse on the Square (through Feb. 25)
– Once the musical at Playhouse on the Square (through Feb. 11)
– Perfect Arrangement at the Circuit Playhouse (through Feb. 18)
– Crappie Madness at Bass Pro Shops (through Feb. 10)
– 8th Annual Wine For Wishes at The Cadre
– South Main Sounds Songwriter Night #77
– Valentine’s Day Party at Ultimate Ballroom
– Mindy Smith at Buckman PAFC
– Faith Evans Ruch and Eleanor Tallie at DKDC
– Memphis Hustle. v. Agua Caliente Clippers at Landers Center
– Lola Pistola at the Hi Tone Cafe
– I Can Fix that: Brakes! At Revolutions Bicycle CoOp
– Ghost River’s Valentine’s Market
– WildVeld Designs Trunk Show and Whiskey Wine and Chocolates at Botanic Garden
– Titled Hearts Pinball Tournament and Drafts and Laughs XXI at Memphis Made Brewing
– Flowers & Chocolate at Wiseacre Brewing
– Poleluminati 5: Valentine’s Enchantment at The Rumba Room
– Tenore at Bartlett PAC
– Comedian Robert Klein at the Halloran Centre
– Brandon Marsalis at Germantown PAC
– Bitter Ball at Tin Roof
– Valentine’s Pop-up at The Art Factory
– Valentine’s Dinner & Music Cruise on a Memphis Riverboat
– Made with Love In Memphis Pop-Up Shop at South Main Market
– Copy of Soap Making 101 at 4465 Poplar Ave.
– Chinese New Year Festival at the Rose Theater
– Chocolate Tour in Historic Downtown Covington, Tenn.
– High Point Pub’s Annual Mardi Gras Parade
– Mustache the Band at The Bluff
– Intimacy: A Lovers & Friends Mixer at Art Village Gallery
– Showboats Memphis at Railgarten
– Crawfish Boil at The Bluff
– Drunken Horns at CANVAS
– Blackberry Smoke at Horsehoe Casino Tunica
– Muddy’s Valentine Cookie Decorating at Muddy’s Midtown
– Valentine’s Pop-Up at Everbloom Designs on Broad
– Cooper Young Community Farmers Market at First Congo Parking Lot
– Keith Blanchard at The Vault
– Predators Night at the MS River Kings Game at Landers Center
– Bloodshot Bill w/ Shawn Cripps & DJ Zac at Murphy’s
– Ragtime Dance Party at Morton Museum in Collierville
– 2018 Love Ball at Ridgeway Country Club
– Homeshow of the Mid-South at the Agricenter
– Blues With Your Baby Valentine’s Day Concert at Lew’s Blue Note on Beale
– Eurydice by Sarah Ruhl play at New Moon Theater Company
– Sleuthfoot/Admiral Longtooth/Zaius at The P&H Cafe
– Nick Black at Lafayette’s
– Motel Radio, Airpark at the Hi Tone
– Black History Month Movie Series at Chucalissa
– Galentine’s Brunch at Ghost River
– Sammy Davis, Jr. movie at Memphis Jewish Community Center
– The Pink Bride Wedding Show at Cook Convention Center
– Frederick Douglass – A Speaking Tour at Bartlett PAC
– OneVoice In Concert at St. George’s Episcopal Church
– Wok’n in Memphis Pop-Up at Porcellino’s
– Champagne Sunday at the Metal Museum
– Move + Mimosas: Boomerang at Slice of Soul Pizza Lounge
– Sax Therapy at The Renaissance on Madison
– Terry Wright Live at Classic Soulz
– Memphis Ukelele Band at Lafayette’s
– Brewhaus Beer Dinner at Memphis Made w/ Gourmade Food Truck
– Obscura: A Black Magic Affair at Growlers
– Luxx Lounge Pop-Up Brunch
– Tigers Men’s Basketball game at FedExForum
– Amy Lavere & Will Sexton After-Brunch at Murphy’s