Memphis Food News: Ramen On The Move Edition
Here’s a quick post with some Memphis food news, including ramen updates, what’s newly opened, and a few closings.
Lucky Cat Ramen has some updates: A) They’re now open for dinner Wed. through Sun. at the 247 Cooper Street space (across from Slider Inn. B) “In the spring“, they will open in the former Tart space at 820 Cooper in Cooper Young.
Your next question is probably going to be about Tart, the coffee shop/French cafe. Apparently, they closed their Cooper Young location more than a few weeks ago, but they still have their “express” location downtown at 40 S. Main #150.
– If you missed it, contributor Stacey G. went to try out The Liquor Store (opened in December) and wrote about it.
– The former Cafe Pontotoc at 314 South Main is now just “Pontotoc“. It’s been renovated and reopened as a jazzy, more upscale cocktail/tapas place that’s open 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. daily (and until midnight on weekends).
– Carolina Watershed, the latest outdoor drinking-and-hanging-out spot in town, officially opened this week. It’s at 141 E. Carolina Avenue. They’re serving brunch this weekend, so check out the menu here. (Yes, they do have fire pits and an inside bar, too.)
– The Brooks has reopened their museum cafe again. This time, it’s called Low Fi Coffee, which had been operating as a pop-up downtown.
– Atomic Tiki (1545 Overton Park) is going to open at some point soon.
– Hattie B’s now says they are opening in April at the former Curb Market spot on Cooper.
– Wild Bill’s closed. This is the saddest thing I’ve ever heard. But I have hope they’ll reopen in some form or fashion.
– DeJavu on Main is closed “until further notice”, but maybe will reopen back at their original location on Florida St.