You’re Invited To This Year’s Pop-Up Volunteer Parties!
Hey, y’all. This afternoon, I have an announcement that I’m really excited about…Volunteer Odyssey is bringing back their Pop-Up Volunteer Parties for a second year! This is your chance to give back to Memphis and get yourself some free pizza.
You and everyone you know are invited, so mark your calendars for November 17 and December 8 at 60 South Main St., Suite 102. Both days are Fridays and the events will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., so it’s perfect for people who want to head downtown on their lunch break.
Pop-Up Volunteer Parties are the fastest, easiest way to volunteer in Memphis.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up online here.
- On November 17th and/or December 8th, head to 60 South Main Street Suite 102.
- Sign in/sign up if you haven’t already.
- Complete one of the mini-projects to help a local non-profit.
- Grab a pizza token to redeem for a free slice at Aldo’s downtown during lunch that day.
That’s it. Boom. You just gave back, and it only took a couple of minutes.
Here are the dates and times again:
- Friday, November 17th from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Friday, December 8th from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Volunteer Odyssey will be there with easy projects set up and ready to go. There will be photo ops and possibly some ILM blog swag. If you want, you can hang around to have your “volunteer future” read by a fortune teller.
Volunteer Odyssey will have projects from MIFA, Memphis Botanic Gardens, Memphis Public Libraries, and more. A few possible examples:
– Making birthday cards for seniors
– bagging fish food for the koi pond at the Botanic Garden
– assembling info packets
– and more TBA
Let me give a huge shout-out to all the sponsors, including First Tennessee Bank, plus Downtown Memphis Commission, Start Co, Archer Malmo, and Aldo’s. And thanks to Volunteer Odyssey for letting me partner up with them on this again.
Follow along on social media: