5 Things To Do This Weekend: 11/24 – 11/26
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss this weekend, plus a few extras. Don’t forget to check out the Holiday Shopping Guide, the Holiday Events Guide, list of Christmas Parades, and list of places that will be open on Thanksgiving.
1. “An Important Meeting” AKA Escape Your Family Day, Ghost River, Friday, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m., free to enter, all ages/kid-friendly
Ghost River hosts the perfect excuse for escaping your family (or something to do with them)! They’ll have food trucks and live music and great local beer.
2. Tree Lightings
Friday is the day for Holiday/Christmas Tree Lightings around town, including Germantown’s at 5:30 p.m., the Botanic Gardens‘ at 6:15 p.m. sharp, and the Peabody Hotel’s immediately after the 5 p.m Duck March (though they’ll have festivities all day).
3. South Main Trolley Night: Black Friday Edition, South Main, Friday, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
It’s time for the monthly night where South Main’s shops and businesses set up open houses, usually with free drinks and snacks; usually a couple spots have live music. In advance of Small Biz Saturday, head downtown for this month’s event.
4. North Mississippi Allstars with Al Kapone and Frayser Boy, Minglewood Hall, Friday, $20 – $22, all ages
What could be more Memphis than this?
5. Memphis v. ECU Football Game, Liberty Bowl, Saturday, 11 a..m, prices vary, all ages/kid-friendly
It’s the last home game of the regular season, and the weather is actually supposed to be good. Get out there and let’s fill the stadium as the Tigers are having an amazing season.
I’d also like to draw attention to the Poetry v. Hip Hop Volume II show at Azule Tequila Bar tonight, featuring Memphis rapper Tyke T.
All Weekend (check links for exact days and times)
– Junie B. Jones The Musical at Circuit Playhouse (through Dec. 23)
– Peter Pan at Playhouse on the Square (through Dec. 31)
– Enchanted Forest at the Pink Palace (through Dec. 31)
– Holiday Wonders at Memphis Botanic Garden opens November 24
– Starry Nights at Shelby Farms opens on Friday, November 24
– Mistletoe Village at Starry Nights, Shelby Farms Park (November 24-December 29)
– Memphis Arts Collective Market at 1501 Union Avenue (Nov. 24 – Dec. 24)
– Gift: A Christmas Holiday Market at Saddle Creek (November 25 – December 24)
– Take the Soul Train to Christmas at Hattiloo Theatre
Friday, November 24
– “An Important Meeting” AKA Escape Your Family Day at Ghost River
– Germantown Tree Lighting at Municipal Park Lake
– Tree Lighting at Holiday Wonders at the Botanic Garden
– Tree Lighting at the Peabody Hotel, November 24
– Leftover Improv at Midtown Crossing Grill
– Midtown Dodgeball Open Play at 820 S. Willett
– VIB (Very Important Bride) Open House + Tasting at Whispering Woods
– WinterArts Gala Opening Reception at 1215 Ridgeway Rd.
– Memphis Hustle v. Salt Lake City Stars at the Landers Center (go! or watch on Facebook live)
– Grizzlies v. Nuggets in Denver (places to watch)
– South Main Trolley Night, Black Friday Edition
– Crown Vox at DKDC
– “Bailgarten” Live Music all day and night (including Lord T & Eloise) at Railgarten
– North Mississippi Allstars w/ Al Kapone, Frayser Boy, SpanishFly at Minglewood Hall
Saturday, November 25
– Memphis v. ECU Football Game at the Liberty Bowl
– Bartlett Holiday Market at Bartlett Station Municipal Center
– Holiday Makers Market at 7743 Church Street, Millington.
– Shop Small Saturday at Ghost River Brewing
– Christmas in Collierville in the Town Square
– Fall Fashion Show at 600 Monroe Ave.
– Erie Bay Hawks v. Memphis Hustle at Landers Center (go! or watch on Facebook live)
– Saturday Night Showcase with the Pirates at Railgarten
– MD’s and “Almost Elton John” at Lafayette’s
– Memphis’ Last Waltz at the Hi-Tone
– Poetry, Rhythm, and Soul at 414 S. Main St.
Sunday, November 26
– Tsunami Holiday Artist Market at 928 S. Cooper
– Brunch Happy Hour and Sunday Evening Live Music at all the Huey’s
– The Underwater Turkey Shoot at The Dive Shop
– Brunch at the Brewery and Sunday Evening Slowdown at Ghost River Taproom
– Grizzlies v. Nets at FedExForum
– Folk All Y’all: An Evening With Freddie and Francine at Listening Room at DCA
Submit your events here.