2017 Mid-South Christmas and Holiday Parades
Here’s a list of all the Memphis Christmas parades and Mid-South Christmas parades including dates, times, and routes for 2017. There are also a few Christmas tree lightings listed in a separate section at the bottom of the post. Photo by Allen Gillespie.
Memphis Christmas and Holiday Parades
– Memphis Christmas Parade In Whitehaven: Saturday, November 18 at 10 a.m.
Elvis Presley Blvd. from the Southland Mall to Laudeen Drive near Piccadilly.
– Southaven Christmas Parade: Thursday, November 30, 6:30 pm
Step off at SouthPoint Church, left on Stateline/Main Street, right on Northwest Drive to City Hall.
– Collierville Christmas Parade: Friday, December 1 at 7 p.m. (rain date Dec. 2)
North on Byhalia from Market Blvd. to Frank Rd.
– Frayser Raleigh Holiday Parade: Saturday, December 2 at noon
Route information TBD.
– Millington Christmas Parade: Saturday, December 2 at 1 p.m.
Down Navy Road from Newport to Leroy Boatwright Street. There’s a free burnch with Mrs. Clause at the Baker Community Center at 10 a.m.
– Olive Branch Christmas Parade: Saturday, December 2 at 2 p.m.
North on Pigeon Roost from Olive Branch Elementary, south on Cockrum Rd., east on College, , south of Blocker
– Memphis Holiday Parade: Saturday, December 2 at 2 p.m.
After the St. Jude Marathon concludes, head down to Beale Street for the 2017 parade.
– Arlington Christmas Parade: December 2 at 3 p.m.
On Airline Road from Arlington High School to Arlington Elementary School. The theme is “A Super Hero Christmas”.
– Bartlett Christmas Parade: Saturday, December 2 at 4 p.m.
The theme is “A Storybook Christmas”. Route info is TBA.
– Horn Lake Christmas In The Park (Parade): Saturday, December 2 at 4:30 p.m.
At Latimer Lakes Park, walk-by floats, Santa’s Tent, Christmas tree lighting, carolers, and more.
– Stumbling Santa Pub Crawl: Saturday, December 2 at 7 p.m.
While I’m not sure this fully counts as a parade, the Flying Saucer Downtown expects more than 2,000 Santas and Mrs. Clauses to pub crawl around downtown and it’s all a toy drive and benefit for Porter-Leath
– Hernando Christmas Parade: Monday, December 4 at 6:30 p.m. (rain date December 11)
Route info TBA. The theme is “Let It Snow” (fingers crossed!)
– Germantown Holiday Parade: Saturday, December 9 at 2 p.m. (Rain date on December 10)
West on Farmington from Kimbrough to Exeter, north on Exeter and ending at Germantown Athletic Club. Bring a new, unwrapped toy and uniformed Marines will collect them along the route for Toys For Tots.
Memphis Area Christmas Tree Lightings
– Graceland Lighting Ceremony
Thursday, November 16 at 6 p.m. at Graceland
– Saddle Creek Tree Lighting Celebration
Friday, November 17 at 6 p.m. at Saddle Creek
– Downtown Memphis Holiday Tree Lighting
Saturday, November 18 at 5 p.m. at the corner of Peabody and Main.
– Germantown Holiday Tree Lighting
Friday, November 24 at 5:30 p.m. at Germantown Municipal Park.
– Peabody Hotel Tree Lighting Ceremony
Friday, November 24 at 5 p.m. There’s all day festivities before and after.
– Memphis Botanic Garden Tree Lighting Ceremony
Friday, November 24 at 5:30 p.m.
– Collierville Christmas Tree Lighting
Tuesday, November 28, 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. in the Collierville Town Square
– Olive Branch Christmas Tree Lighting
Thursday, November 30 at 7 p.m.
Am I missing any? Submit here.