2017 Memphis Holiday Shopping and Markets Guide
If you’re looking for the 2018 guide, go here.
The holiday season is upon us, Memphis. If you’re seeking out markets and events where you can shop for unique gifts while supporting local small businesses, craftspeople and artists, you’ve come to the right place.
Here’s a list of holiday markets and sales in the Memphis area. Did we miss any? Drop us a note and we’ll add more to the list. Please submit your event here to be included.
– Palladio Home & Garden, Central Avenue (near Cooper), throughout the holiday season, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Shop for art, antiques, candles and more at this elegant Midtown collection. Palladio offers handmade Christmas decorations and winter craft and decor items.
– The ‘Tiny Shop,’ Jay Etkin Gallery (942 S. Cooper), November 9 through Mid-January, Tuesday-Saturday, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Small original works of art by local artists, curated by Memphis artist Mary Long.
– Junior League Merry Marketplace, Racquet Club (5111 Sanderlin Ave.), November 10th, 10 a.m – 8 p.m. and November 11, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., $10 in advance, $15 at the door.
Shop for handmade gifts with proceeds benefiting the mission of the Junior League, support local women and children in need). Click here for exact hours and special events.
– Crafts and Drafts, Crosstown Concourse Plaza, November 11, 10 a.m – 4 p.m.
Choose from handmade arts and crafts from more than 60 vendors, as well as a large variety of beers available for purchase. Food trucks will be on hand if you get hungry after all that shopping.
– Faith Missions Craft Fair, 3755 N. Germantown Road, November 11, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The 10th Annual Faith Missions Craft Fair will feature a variety of vendors selling everything from hand-sewn clothing to quilts to homemade fudge.
– Deck the Halls at Bingham & Broad, 2563 Broad Avenue, November 12, noon – 4 p.m.
Early holiday shopping, 10 percent off gifts, door prizes and merry refreshments.
– Erica Bodine Pottery’s 4th Annual Holiday Sale, Memphis Made, November 16, 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Shop ceramics from this local artists, appetizers will be served and the taproom will be open with beers for purchase.
– MCA’s 67th Annual Holiday Bazaar, Rust Hall (1930 Poplar Avenue), November 17 – 18, $50 Preview Night and Party/Saturday free
Memphis’ original artist market returns this year with a carefully curated collection of handmade gifts and fine art. The Bazaar kicks off with an Early Bird Sale & Party Friday, Nov. 17 from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.($50 — refreshments and hors d’oeuvres and first dibs on artwork) and continues Saturday, Nov. 15 from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. with an open market with free admission.
– Memphis Potters Guild Annual Holiday Show & Sale, Memphis Botanic Garden, Opening Reception November 17, 5 – 8 p.m. Shopping November 18, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., November 19, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., free admission
Local artists will sell porcelain, stoneware, earthenware, ceramics and more. The opening reception is Friday, November 17 from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. and the market is open Saturday, November 18 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 19 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– Snowden Arts Bazaar, November 19, noon – 5 p.m, Snowden School
More than 50 local artists will sell their work at the Snowden Arts Bazaar. This annual event benefits the Snowden School’s art department.
– Mistletoe Village at Starry Nights, Shelby Farms Park, November 24-December 29
This year, Mistletoe Village will be inside First Tennessee Foundation Visitor Center. Enjoy hot cocoa, gift shop, and an artisans’ shop on the porch featuring holiday gift items.
– Memphis Arts Collective Market, 1501 Union Avenue, Nov. 24 – Dec. 24
Members of the Memphis Art Collective host a nearly month-long market every year; this year it opens on Friday, November 24 and runs through Christmas Eve, for you last-minute shoppers. Hours available here.
– Bartlett Holiday Market, Bartlett Station Municipal Center (5868 Stage Road), November 25, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Shop for handmade jewelry, boutique clothing and accessories, children’s items, wind chimes and more in the banquet hall of the municipal center.
– Gift: A Christmas Holiday Market, Saddle Creek (7509 Poplar Ave.), November 25 – December 24
This pop-up shop, sponsored by Modern Made Memphis and Etsy, features jewelry, bath and body, accessories, art, home décor, pet wear and local foods from more than 30 Mid-South vendors. Open Monday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sundays 12:00 p.m. – 5 p.m.
– Holiday Makers Market, 7743 Church Street, Millington. November 25, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Shop for wreaths, crafts, decorations and more at this market, hosted by the Millington Arts Council on Small Business Saturday, Enjoy free hot chocolate and cookies and capture a memory at the photo booth for $10 and up.
– Tsunami Holiday Artist Market, 928 S. Cooper, November 26, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Shop for pottery, jewelry, woodwork and more. Snacks will be served and adult beverages will be available for purchase.
– Farmers Market Christmas Craft Show, Agricenter International (7777 Walnut Grove), December 2, 8 am. – 5 p.m.
Shop for an array of crafts from local artisans at the Agricenter while picking up fresh regional produce.
– Train Show & Sale, 2425 S. Germantown Road, December 2, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Shopping for someone who’s into trains? Check out this annual Christmas event featuring operating postwar era-style model railroads with trains from yesterday and today. Accessories and parts will also be for sale, and there will be door prizes and activities for children.
– Sowing the Seeds Holiday Artisan Sale & Open House, 2924 Walnut Grove, December 2, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Local artists, makers, and craftswomen will sell their homemade items at this one-day only shopping event that features refreshments, treats and a raffle, and benefits a nonprofit that offers mothers and families education and support services.
– Metal Museum Holiday Open House and Shopping, 374 Metal Museum Drive, December 3, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Shop for unique hand-made gifts in the Museum Store and enjoy hot cocoa or spiced cider and warm yourself by the fire pit.
– Sunday Funday Art Show, High Cotton Brewery, December 3, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Celebrate the giving season at this afternoon shopping event featuring more than a dozen artists and makers.
– Crosstown Seasonal Market, Co-Motion Studio (416 N. Cleveland), December 9, 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Shop for art, jewelry, skin care items and more from local artists, artisans and craftspeople at this popup market in the Crosstown neighborhood.
– Memphis Farmer’s Market Holiday Market, GE Patterson and S. Front, December 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Shop with all your favorite market vendors, plus a few extras for the holidays.
– Memphis Maker Holiday Market, Muddy’s Midtown (585 S. Cooper), December 9, 11 a.m., 4 p.m.
Shop for handmade gifts from more than 20 vendors, plus enjoy live music and lunch from local food trucks. (Formerly the Indie Memphis Market)
– Alternative Market, 1738 Galloway, December 10, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Fair trade shopping for home decor, baskets, scarves, ceramics, textiles, jewelry, toys, fair trade coffee and chocolate, nativities and holiday decor.to benefit craftspeople and small farmers in developing countries.
– Holiday Gift and Art Market, Memphis Jewish Community Center, December 10, 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., December 11, 9:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Shop for holiday gifts and artwork. This year’s artists TBA.
– The Women’s Exchange, 88 Racine Street, throughout the holiday season, Monday-Friday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The Women’s Exchange offers unique handmade holiday gifts, such as art, toys, clothing and baby gifts, all made by local women.
– Cooper-Young Community Farmers Market, First Congo parking lot, Saturdays year-round, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Cooper-Young Farmers Market switches to Winter Market hours and vendors starting November 4. Shop for local produce and pre-made foods, Memphis Made beer, hearty winter soups, handmade jewelry, lotions and potions and much more.
If you have additional shopping events or markets to add, please submit the info here.