The I Love Memphis Summer Survival Guide
This roundup of summer-centric posts will help you make the most of these hot, humid months in Memphis for the summer 2017.
Feeling wilted due to extreme humidity?
– Try one of these 8 summer treats, including boozy slushies
– Enjoy the AC at an Orpheum Summer movie night
– Go on a Hernando ice cream adventure at Area 51 or The Dip
– Eat something light and healthy at the new Lyfe Kitchen
– Get a refreshing drink from a favorite Memphis bartender
– Catch some live music (most shows are indoors)
– Stay in the air at home and order delivery
– Eat a burger at the Flying Saucer downtown, cauliflower salad at Two Vegan Sistas, or a spring roll at Le Delights
– Get the Lemonade of the Day at Lunchbox Eats
– Check out this list of 40 ways to stay cool in Memphis (there are some repeats)
– Drink some locally-brewed summer beers
Getting restless or bored?
– Make your way through this list of 50 free things to do in Memphis
– Sign up for a one-day volunteer gig with Volunteer Odyssey
– Do a different kid-friendly activity every week
– Find the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile (valid only July 2 – 9)
– Attend a summer festival or event
– Explore one of these 20 new things happening in downtown Memphis
– Find a new farmers market
– Take a day trip to the Discovery Park of America.
– Don’t forget to check the I Love Memphis Blog calendar.
Don’t mind the heat?
– Ride your bike to Pancho’s in West Memphis
– Pack a Memphis-inspired picnic for a free Levitt Shell show
– Go on a photo tour around town, part one
– Go on a photo tour around town, part two
– Shoot hoops at the RiverPlay park downtown.
– Find the shadiest patio in Memphis, out of this list of 100 places to eat outside.
– See how many of the 100 Places You Need To Go In Memphis you’ve been to.
– Catch an outdoor movie night at Beale Street Landing or Carriage Crossing
– Stop by the Madison Avenue Park pocket park
– Cheer on the Redbirds at the best minor league ballpark in the nation.
Got more ideas? Leave ’em in the comments.