5 Things To Do This Weekend: 6/23 – 6/25
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you wont’ want to miss in Memphis this weekend, plus a few extras. Don’t forget to check out the guide to the 4th of July to make your firework-watching plans!
1. Me & Leah CD Release Party, Amurica, Friday, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., $10, all ages
Me & Leah, aka Leah Keys and Jeff Hulett, are an acoustic duo that features banjo, guitar, catchy melodies and sweet harmonies. They’ll have a few special guests including Jana Jana perform as well. For $10 cash at the door you can enjoy their show and some adult beverages, plus take home a CD.
2. Privileged Music Festival, Handy Park, Friday, 8 p.m. – midnight., free, all ages
A musical show with diverse genres of music- r&b, pop, gospel, reggae, and hip-hop, including OneLoveTheo, Brennen Williams, Tyke T, Lizzy Moore, Carmen Hicks, Dylan Amore, Wesley Johnson, Deneeka Lottalox Lewis, Anthony Rhyme, and special guest John Green of Black Vanilla. Plus – the house band Mike Mosby and the Hard Hittas. Hosted by Kameron Whalum (you may have seen him performing with Bruno Mars at the Super Bowl or GRAMMYs).
3. bubblePOP 90s Dance Party, 1884 Lounge at Minglewood, Saturday, doors open at 8 p.m., $12 adv./$15 at the door, 21 and up
Party-planning duo bubblePOP hosts a 90s dance party at 1884 lounge at mingle wood hall. If you want to bust out your 90s fashion, go out dancing, or enjoy some quality 90s pop, hip hop and grunge from DJ Shah, this is the party for you. Costumes are strongly encouraged.
4. Ride For Life 2017, Memorial Park, Sunday, 7 a.m. – 11 a.m., $10, all ages/kid-friendly (under 12 must be accompanied by adult)
This annual non-competitive, family-friendly scenic bike tour travels through East Memphis and Midtown this Sunday morning. It’s all about promoting health and wellness while supporting the Mid-South Transplant Foundation. Your registration includes breakfast, t-shirt, medal, and post-ride party. Read more here.
5. Sunday Funday Art Show, High Cotton Brewing, Sunday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m., free to attend, all ages
High Cotton Brewing hosts a Sunday Funday Art show with art for sale from 14 talented Memphis artists and makers, live music from jazz group Outer Ring, plus $1 beer specials for High Cotton’s Scottish Ale and ESB.
Have a great weekend and don’t forget to tag your pics #ilovememphis and you could appear on our brand-new featured photos page.