5 Things To Do In Memphis: 6/9 – 6/11
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss this weekend, plus a few extras.
1. FedEx St. Jude Classic Golf Tournament, TPC Southwind, all weekend, $35 at the door, all ages
Some of the world’s best golfers are at Southwind this weekend for the annual FedEx St. Jude Classic. Catch the second round of tournament play on Friday, the third round on Saturday and the final round on Sunday (you best wear your seersucker and plenty of sunscreen). Proceeds from this PGA event benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
2. Germantown Charity Horse Show, 7745 Poplar Pike, June 6-10, $5 adults/$3 kids/free for kids under 5, all ages/kid-friendly
This essential Germantown tradition is part sporting event, part festival, and definitely worth checking out if you have any interest in horses, socializing, or seeing something new and different. Several of food vendors will be on site, as well as vendors selling art and high-end goods.
3. Memphis Redbirds v. Nashville Sounds Baseball Games, AutoZone Park, Friday – Sunday, $9 and up, all ages/kid-friendly
The Redbirds are at home all weekend to take on the Nashville sounds with plenty of fun promos. Friday night is the pre-gram Plaza Block Party and Grab Bag Night (game at 7:05 p.m.). Saturday is Beach Night with a towel giveaway and post game fireworks (game at 6:35 p.m.). Sunday is free ice cream/run the bases day for the kids, autograph day, and Redbird Club special day, with $40 all-inclusive club tickets (game at 2:05 p.m.).
4. Blythe & Young Block Party, Saturday, 5-8 p.m., free, all ages
Join Cooper-Young residents in celebration the neighborhood’s popular retail block. Stop by participating merchants, such as 901 Comics, Goner Records and Two Rivers Bookstore, for free events and special discounts.
5. Time-Warp Drive-In, Summer Drive-In, Saturday, dusk to dawn, $10 per person, all ages
Black Lodge Video and Malco Theatres present the 4th annual Time Warp Drive In series. Movies start at dusk and go all night. This Saturday is “Burn Forever” night, featuring Big Lebowski, Cheech & Chong’s Nice Dreams, Smoke & Flesh, and Alice in Acidland. Go here to see the lineup for all 2017 Time Warp Drive Ins.
Plus a few extras:
– Somi Decor & Daquiris Grand Opening on Friday
– Fourth Bluff Friday with Jack O and the Shieks
– Night at the Lorraine party at Lorraine Motel on Saturday
– The Music of Miles Davis: From Bebop to Hip Hop at Crosstown Arts on Saturday
– Memphis Roller Derby at the Pipkin Building on Saturday
– Levitt Shell shows all weekend
– “The Sandlot” movie night at the Orpheum on Saturday
– VECA Street Fair on Saturday afternoon
– GPAC Food Truck & Music Festival on Sunday afternoon
See even more on the calendar.