A Guide To Memphis Redbirds Baseball 2017
It’s almost time for Memphis baseball. This means fireworks, food, the very hilarious Rockey the Redbird mascot, the best minor league ballpark in the country, and of course, great baseball from our Triple-A team, the Redbirds.
New things this year: new logo (and uniforms and merch…), a rooftop garden at the ballpark, and…drumroll please…Rendezvous BBQ nachos are back.
It’s easy to forget that you’re in the middle of a city during a Redbirds game. The stadium is breezy, it’s totally family-friendly, you can watch future MLB stars in action, and tickets are inexpensive ($9 for bluff seat up to $62+ for a seat at a four-top table).
The Redbirds 2017 home games start on Tuesday, April 11 against the Colorado Springs Sky Sox. After that, the Memphis Redbirds play at home several times every week until August. You can now buy single game tickets or ticket packages online or at the box office.
Here are some of the ongoing promo nights the Memphis Redbirds baseball team will host this year during home games. Click here to see full schedule and specific dates.
– Tuesday Hot Dog Nights: $1 King Cotton hot dogs for sale
– Thirsty Thursday / College Nights: Fans 21+ can enjoy $2 draft beers, plus college students with valid student ID can purchase $5 Left Field Bluff tickets at the Box Office (must be purchased in person)
– All-You-Can-Eat Thursdays: Special tickets allow you access to a buffet every Thursday. They have different themes, like crawfish, burgers, tacos, etc.
– Saturday Postgame Fireworks: Fireworks at the end of every Saturday home game, plus on Sunday, May 29 and Monday, July 3
– Ice Cream Sundays: The first 2,500 kids age 12 and under will receive a free ice cream treat, courtesy of Prairie Farms Dairy.
Photo by Craig Thompson.
Here’s a schedule for the theme nights the Memphis Redbirds baseball team will host this year. I’ll add the gate giveaways once we know.
April 16: Easter Brunch and Catch on the Field
April 17: Education Day (bring your class to the ballpark with special ticket and food options)
April 30: Bark in the Ballpark (buy a special ticket and bring your doggo to the game)
May 1: Education Day
May 16: Education Day
May 17: Education Day
June 14: Camp Day
August 18; Boy Scout Campout
August 21: Eclipse Education Day
We have a new logo this year, too!
200 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103