Gettin’ Lucky: Memphis St. Patrick’s Day Guide 2017
Read 2019 Guide Here.
St. Patrick’s Day is is Friday, March 17, 2017. Here are a handful of ways to get lucky this year. If you have more to add, do so here.
– Silky O’Sullivan St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Beale Street, March 11, 3 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
When your bar claims to make every day like St. Patrick’s Day, you’d better go buck wild for the real thing. In this case, Silky O’Sullivan’s delivers. A few years ago I caught a cabbage. It’s festive and people are drinking, but overall it’s family friendly.
– Celtic Crossing’s St. Patrick’s Festival, March 17-19, prices vary, 21+
Celtic is going all out for a three-day, green-tinted throwdown in midtown. Expect a party tent, beer and booze specials, live Irish music, lots of Irish food, and cover charge. Here’s a rundown:
- 7 a.m.: Brunch begins
- 10 a.m.: Cooper-Young St. Patrick’s Day Parade begins
- All day: Live music in three different areas (front patio, party tent, inside Celtic)
- All day: $15 cover, drink specials, abbreviated menu
Saturday, March 18
- 8 p.m.-midnight: Live music in the party tent
- 12-3 p.m.: Brunch and live music on the patio
– Cooper Young St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Cooper St., March 17, 10:30 a.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
Celtic Crossing and the Memphis Irish Society will co-host the 2nd annual Cooper Young St. Paddy’s Day Parade. Starting at 10 a.m., they’re shutting down Cooper from York to First Congo. Expect “floats” from the Grizzlies’ Claw Crew, Wolf River Pipes and Drums, bands, mounted police, and more.
– St. Patrick’s Day at Overton Square, March 17, 9 a.m. – midnight, prices and ages vary
Bar Louie, Babalu, Belly Acres, Lafayette’s, and Local on the Square are all offering drink specials for the day.Read the details here.
– St. Patrick’s Day Shindig, The Brass Door, 11 a.m. – midnight, 21+ in the evening, $10 cover after 3 p.m.
Downtown’s Irish pub will host its annual St. Patrick’s Day celebration again this year with live bands, DJs, bagpipers, and food and drink specials.
– St. Patrick’s Day Party, Flying Saucer Downtown, March 17, 11 a.m. – 2 a.m., free to enter, 21+
Enjoy St. Paddy’s Day at the downtown Flying Saucer with $3.50 beer specials, Irish food menu, 5 p.m. “blessing of the kegs”, and live music like the Gallowglass bagpipers and Snozzberry.
– St. Patrick’s Day at Huey’s
Huey’s has plenty of drink specials at all/most of their locations for this esteemed holiday. Get $1 off Guinness, Killian’s, Jameson shots and Irish Car Bombs. Specials are running all day long and selections may vary at all locations.
– Sweet Grass St. Patty’s Day Heads and Tails Crawfish Boil, bank parking lot next to Sweet Grass, March 17, 4 p.m. – ’til, $10 – $25, all ages
Celebrate St. Patrick’s day with a crawfish boil hosted by Sweet Grass in the parking lot on the northwest corner of Cooper and Young. It’s $10 for a pound of mudbugs or $25 all-you-can-eat. Proceeds benefit the Ronald McDonald House.
– Silky O’Sullivan’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration, Beale Street, March 17, 5 p.m., prices vary, 21+
Start off the party with the Raising of the Goat and Blessing of the Kegs in Handy Park at 5 p.m., followed by a pub crawl on Beale Street and general debauchery at Silky’s all night. Silky’s actually has several St. patrick’s events throughout the month. Check out hte list here.
– Tweed Ride on St. Patty’s Day, Peddler Bike Shop, March 17, 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m., free to attend, all ages
Don your tweed and go on a bike ride from the Peddler Bike Shop (Walker) downtown to High Cotton Taproom for beer and food, then back. Lights and helmets required.
– The MD’s St. Patrick’s Show, Local on the Square, March 17, 10 p.m. – midnight, no cover that I know of, 18+
The MD’s perform their first show at Local on St. Patrick’s Day.
– Suds & Stories, Elmwood Cemetery, March 18, 1 p.m., $15 per person, all ages/kid-friendly
Get a history lesson on the Scots-Irish who rest at Elmwood Cemetery, plus beer and snacks. You must register in advance: call (901) 774-3212.
– Flying Saucer in Cordova usually hosts St. Patrick’s Day Party
– The Bayou usually has a shindig with drink specials and tunes
– I’m certain that the Brass Door will have some kind of party, and I’ll update the details here once I get them.
Know of any other St. Patrick’s Day events? Please leave the details in the comments and I’ll add them to the list.