Places To Get Margaritas In Memphis
It’s National Margarita Day. Here are some of Memphians’ favorite spots for margaritas in Memphis.
1. Molly’s La Casita (2006 Madison Ave)
The half-and-half margarita is exactly what it sounds like: a glass filled with half frozen margarita and half rocks margarita. It was hands-down the most popular answer on Facebook and Twitter when I asked for your favorite margaritas in the Memphis area.
Molly’s sells their La Casita Margaritas for $5 on Mondays 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
2. Frozen Margarita, El Toro Loco (2617 Poplar Avenue)
You can tell this one’s going to be good because the restaurant has “crazy” in the name.
3. Margarona, El Porton
A margarona from El Porton is huge glass of frozen margarita with a small Corona stuck upside down right in it – good for two or three people to share, in my opinion.
4. Frozen house margarita, Swanky’s Taco Shop (4770 Poplar Ave./6641 Poplar Ave.)
I’ve always found the margaritas at Swanky’s to be tart, fresh, and not too sweet.
Swanky’s has 2-for-1 margaritas on Tuesdays.
5. Frozen margarita, Las Delicias (4002 Park Avenue)
When I asked for recommendations for the best margaritas in Memphis, I got a ton of recommendations for Las Delicias on Park. Their margaritas are handmade with real lime juice.
6. Peach Margarita, Los Reyes (3024 Covington Pike)
Los Reyes’ peach margaritas are the closest thing to a tequila slushie that you can get in north Memphis. If you’re not a big tequila fan, this is the margarita for you – the booze’s taste is masked by the sweet peach.
7. Texas Margarita, Los Compadres (3295 Poplar Avenue) closed
The Texas margarita is hand poured, meaning that the tequila is added straight to the glass, not to the slushy part.
8. Agave Marita, Agave Maria (83 Union Ave.) closed
Agave Maria serves margaritas on tap.
9. Babarita, Babalu (2115 Madison Ave.)
Babalu’s Babarita is their version of a margarita, served with a splash of pomegranate juice.
10. Margarita, La Playita Mexicana, 6194 Macon Road, Bartlett
11. Margarita, The Second Line (2144 Monroe Ave)
The Second Line has $5 margaritas on Tuesdays from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
12. Margarita, La Hacienda (1760 N. Germantown Pkwy)
13. Margarita, Happy Mexican (385 S. Second Street)
14. Margarita, Frida’s (1718 Madison Ave.)
Any more favorite margaritas in town? Or specials for today or any time? Leave ’em in the comments and I’ll keep them in mind!