5 Things To Do This Weekend: 2/24 – 2/26
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss.
1. South Main Trolley Night, South Main Arts District, Friday, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., free, all ages
It’s the monthly night of shops and galleries open houses downtown. There will be a free show at 550 S. Main (South Main Sounds Songwriter Night #49) and an opening for “Breaking Barriers” at Art Village Gallery featuring seven international women artists.
2. Brew Movement Against MS, Pink Palace Mansion, Friday, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., $45 at the door, 21+
Support the National Multiple Sclerosis Society by tasting plenty of local craft beer, home-brews from around town, and enjoying food and music.
3. I Love Art Family Day, Dixon Gallery & Gardens, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
Celebrate art in all forms at this free, family-friendly event that’s all about creativity. There will be live music, theater, dance performances, and artful snacks.
4. Roots Down Rock & Roll Revival, Crosstown Arts, Saturday – Sunday, 2 p.m. – 8 p.m., $8 per day/$12 for both, all ages
Two evenings of art and Memphis music featuring Lara Hope and The Ark Jones, Johnny Lowebow, Pig Star, Billie Dove, Ross Johnson and Richard James, Los Psychosis, Carmen and Page, Moses Crouch and Memphissippi Medicine, The Sun Serenaders, and a surprise special guest.
5. bubblePop 80s Prom, 1884 Lounge (Minglewood Hall), Saturday, 9 p.m., $26 at the door, 21+
“No matter who you were in high school, come to bubblePOP’s 80s Prom and LET’S DANCE like it’s the final scene of Footloose. Los Angeles DJ Phil Quinaz will be mixing on vinyl to provide the perfect soundtrack to your very own John Hughes movie. Don’t forget your prom attire for the photo booth.”
There are a ton of events on the calendar, too.