Thursday News Update: Tennessee Beer Run Edition
Hello Memphis lovers! Here’s a nice, newsy post to keep you updated with what’s going on around town and lift your spirits this week.
– First, an announcement: I Love Memphis is teaming up with Grizzly Bear Blues to host a big ol’ Grizzlies Watch Party on January 28 at Memphis Made Brewing. Come! Cheer! Drink! I will create a Facebook event with details, so if you haven’t clicked “Follow” on the I Love Memphis page, you’ll want to.
– Moviemaker says Memphis is in the top 10 places to make movies.
– City Silo is now open in the Sanderlin Center (it’s where Cosmic Coconut used to be).
– John Oates of Hall & Oates will perform in Wilson, Arkansas this Saturday night. Surprise!
– Rock of Ages the musical opens this weekend at Playhouse on the Square.
– Hattiloo Theatre’s “Blueprints to Freedom: An Ode to Bayard Rustin” play opens this weekend.
– Insomnia Cookies on the Highland Strip is now open. They deliver warm cookies to your door until 3 a.m. Goodbye, New Year’s resolutions.
– On January 24, a young man named Zack Roskop is setting off on the noblest of missions: to visit every brewery in the state of Tennessee. According to him, that’s 76 breweries. He’ll be rolling through Memphis in his mini “Brew Bus” for the Tennessee Beer Run on February 5 and 6. If you want to follow along on his Facebook Live tours of the craft breweries, you can here.
– Indie Memphis starts their Indie Wednesdays weekly film series in February. You have one day left to save 50% on tickets here. Read more here.
– The Memphis Redbirds have a new logo and uniforms and such. See above.
– The Harwood Center is fundraising by selling these ^^ cool t-shirts that you can buy here (Jan 23 is the last day). Harwood is a non-profit that serves Mid-South families and children with developmental disabilities
– Memphis BBQ Supply will host a Sauce Night fundraiser on January 28. For $25 you can taste about 50 sauces served with handmade pulled pork. Proceeds benefit Operation BBQ Relief.
– ICYMI, the Brooks Museum has giant bunnies and a new cafe. Get the scoop.
Head back here early tomorrow for your 5 Things To Do This Weekend!