5 Things To Do This Weekend: 1/27 – 1/29
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss in Memphis this weekend. I’d like to draw attention to the Grizzlies Watch Party on Saturday night. I’ll see you there!
1. South Main Trolley Night, South Main Neighborhood, Friday 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., free, all ages
It’s time for the monthly South Main Trolley Art Night. Specifically, Art Village Gallery hosts the “Out of Africa” opening, South Main Sounds and Green Beetle will host live music, and 387 Pantry will host
2. Chocolate Fantasy, Agricenter, Saturday, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., $20, all ages
Taste Memphis’ best chocolate desserts, candies, cookies, ice cream, pastries and other chocolate treats from over 30 vendors. Enjoy music, entertainment, live auction and games. Proceeds benefit the National Kidney Foundation of West Tennessee.
3. Grizzlies Game Watch Party, Memphis Made Taproom, Saturday, 8 p.m., free to attend, all ages
I Love Memphis and Grizzly Bear Blues blogs will team up for a huge watch party for the Grizz v. Jazz game on Saturday night. Head up to the Memphis Made taproom for great beer, grub from food truck, limited edition Fan Essentials shirts for sale, plus Grizzlies tickets giveaways at the endif the first three quarters. See you there!
4. Memphis Roller Derby Mashup, Pipkin Building, Saturday, 7 p.m., $10 adults, all ages/kid-friendly
Your favorite folks on eight wheels are back for their 11th season and they’re starting the season off with a bang of cuteness in our Kittens vs. Unicorns gender inclusive mashup. Doors at 6 p.m., bout at 7 p.m. Bring an item to donate to the Humane Society of Memphis & Shelby County and get a dollar off adult admission at the door. Tickets are $10 for adults 13+, $5 kids 5 to 12, and free for kids 4 and under.
5. Youth Villages Soup Sunday, FedExForum, Sunday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., $30 adults/$10 kids, all ages/kid-friendly
More than 50 area restaurants will offer all manner of soups, gumbos, stews, chilis, plus snacks and desserts. (See above.) Read more here.
– Out of Africa Opening Reception during Trolley Night
– Ballet on Wheels + Cordova High School Youth Classical Concert at Buckman Performing Arts
– Latte Art Throwdown at 387 Pantry
– Lawrence Matthews opening at The Slim House
– The Urban Flower Experience Opening Reception at Crosstown Arts
– Ghost River Dinner at Loflin Yard
– The Nightowls at Loflin Yard
– The Rusty Pieces at the Green Beetle
– Chris Johnson at Dirty Crow Inn
– South Main Sounds Songwriter NIght #46
– Maley Manor Ghost Tour in Covington, Tenn.
– Bleus & Brews Beer & Cheese Pairing at Wiseacre
– Chocolate Fantasy at the Agricenter
– Winter Yappy Hour at Celtic Crossing
– Family Day with Backbeat Tours
– Refreshingly Happy at the Hi-Tone
– Southern Prohibition Tap Takeover at Hammer & Ale
– Craft and Draft at PizzaRev
– Chinese New Year Celebration at Buckman Performing Arts
– Black Nerd Power Comedy Hour at Midtown Crossing Grill
– Memphis Roller Derby Bout at Pipkin Building