Memphis Thanksgiving Survival Guide
Need something to occupy the family on during Thanksgiving time? Need to escape the family? Need to order some food ahead of time to pick up for dinner?
This post is just for you. If you’re looking for bars open on Thanksgiving night, click here.
1. Things To Do
– Loflin Yard is open on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the Dead Soldiers perform at 9 p.m.
– Zoo Lights opens on Thanksgiving 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., $7-$9 + extra for ice skating and Ferris Wheel, all ages/kid-friendly. The Zoo is closed during the day on Thanksgiving. The Zoo and Zoo Lights are open on Friday and Saturday.
– Starry Nights at Shelby Farms is open nightly, including Thanksgiving, from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. (on weekends until 10 p.m.) It’s $20 per car (more for vans and buses) and $3-$5 for other activities like the petting zoo, camel rides, s’more roasting, all ages/kid-friendly
– Turkey Trot 4 Miler benefiting the March of Dimes, Botanic Gardens, Thanksgiving Day, 9 a.m., all ages/kid-friendly
– The Enchanted Forest at the Pink Palace is open daily (but closed on Thanksgiving) and is $6 for adults and $5 for kids and seniors. Check here for hours.
– Peabody Christmas Tree Lighting, Peabody Hotel Lobby, Friday, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly. There are choirs all day and Santa arrives right after the 5 p.m. Duck March to turn on the tree.
– Wiseacre Taproom is open on Black Friday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. with karaoke at 6 p.m.
– Memphis Made Brewing is open regular hours (Fri 4-10, Sat 1-10, Sun 1-7)
– High Cotton Taproom is open regular hours on Friday.
– North Mississippi Allstars, Minglewood Hall, Friday, doors at 7 p.m., $20 adv./$22 day of show, all ages
– Junie B. in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! play at Circuit Playhouse from Nov. 23 – Dec. 23
2. Prepared Thanksgiving Food
If you want to pick up smoked turkey, hams, or sides, here’s a list. Click on the link for information about their specific offerings. Many of these require you to order by Friday, November 18.
– Ty’s Smoke House in Bartlett
Know of other places? Leave the info in the comments!