Gluten-Free Restaurants in Memphis
Whether you’re totally gluten-intolerant, or you just enjoy the health benefits of a gluten-free diet, it’s not always easy to find dining options beyond salads and bunless burgers. Here’s a list.
Keep in mind that these restaurants are not totally free of gluten contaminants. Always call ahead to find out the specifics if you have a serious gluten problem.
– Bounty on Broad is entirely gluten free (except for the beer) and you will never even think of it or know it. Bring a group to take full advantage of their creative family-style seafood, proteins, veggies, and yes, desserts.
– Cheffies in East Memphis can make most items gluten free.
– Huey’s locations have a gluten free menu you can ask your server for.
– Local Gastropub has gluten free options.
– Amerigo Italian restaurant offers gluten free pastas.
– Lyfe Kitchen, which is downtown, has plenty of gluten free options. (The quinoa crunch bowl at the top of this post is gluten free.)
– Julle’s Posh Foods, a delivery/pre-order service, has gluten free options.
– Pizza: There are quite a few pizza places in Memphis that offer gluten free pizza options. Check out the Memphis Flyer article, which has details.
– Otherlands coffee shop and cafe in midtown, has gluten free options.
– Bedrocks Eats & Sweets downtown has a bunch of gluten and grain free options, including some seriously impressive waffles.
– All of Andrew Ticer and Michael Hudman’s restaurants can accommodate guests who don’t eat gluten, and the servers can answer questions about items on their seasonal menu. In addition: Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen has gluten free pasta, Hog & Hominy can make their pizza with gluten free dough, and Porcellino’s has gluten free banana bread.
– Sweet Grass can make menu items gluten free “with a few changes”, so just ask.
– Mosa Asian Bistro has gluten free options.
– Nourishe: Founded by two Memphis couples, Nourishe makes gluten, grain, dairy, and soy free mixes.
– Mary’s Gluten Free Goods: Inspired by her own battle with celiac, Mary Durham has been perfecting baking recipes for delicious gluten-free cookies, breads, and cupcakes for years. (Mary retired in the fall of 2015)
– I’ve heard that Rendezvous has gluten free options. I’ll get more info about BBQ places with gluten free options in town.
Know of more? Leave your ideas in the comments. I’m sure there are many.