I Love Memphis 2016 Fall Events Guide
Fall in Memphis is packed full of fun events and festivals. Here’s your guide to all of them, late August through early November.
If your favorite event isn’t listed, please submit it to the events calendar.
– Memphis Grizzlies Basketball, FedExForum (home games), begins October 26, prices vary, all ages
Get ready to grit ‘n’ grind with the Grizz starting on Wednesday, October 26 against the Timberwolves at home. Click here to read about where to watch the games if you can’t make it to FedExForum.
– Indie Memphis Film Festival, Multiple Venues, November 1-7, ticket and schedule info TBA
The annual Indie Memphis Film Festival will no doubt be another amazing weekend of filmmakers, panels, awards, and lots and lots of films. This year, the Fest is expanding to include venues in downtown Memphis, midtown, East Memphis, and Collierville.
– India Fest 2016, Agricenter International, November 5, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., price TBD, all ages
Head to the Agricenter to shop in an Indian bazaar, try authentic Indian food, and see authentic dancing, hear music, and enjoy plenty of stuff for the kids to do.
– U of Memphis Tigers Men’s Basketball, FedExForum (home games), begins November 14, ticket info TBA
The Tigers start off the 2016-2017 hoops season with a home game against UT Rio Grande Valley. Season tickets are on sale here, and individual game tickets will go on sale soon.
– Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention, Hilton Memphis, November 18-20, $15 – $35
The Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention is three glorious days of geekery. There will be panels, gaming, costumes (and a costume contest), a goth ball, and visiting artists and writers.
Save the Date: The Grilled Cheese Festival, the judging of which was one of the most epic things I’ve ever done, is happening again on December 11. Mark your calendars.
Know of any more awesome events happening in Memphis this fall? Submit them to the ILM Events Calendar (very important) and I’ll add them to this list. I’ll be putting up a guide to Halloween in the Mid-South later in September.