Walk Across The Mississippi River This October On Big River Crossing
I’ve been talking about it for a while, but the Big River Crossing will be open before we know it. The official opening date for the pedestrian- and bike-friendly Harahan Bridge addition is October 22, 2016.
– The bridge is about one mile long. You’ll be able to walk, run, or bike it.
– Big River Crossing connects downtown Memphis to West Memphis, Arkansas as a part of the Main To Main project. There are plans for an eco-park on the other side.
– The Harahan Bridge is 100 years old this week.
– The bridge opens to the public on October 22, 2016 at 1 p.m. There will be food trucks and music and such on either side of the bridge At 7 p.m., they’re going to light it up and shoot off fireworks. It’s free.
– That weekend is also the River Arts Fest and the St. Jude Ride in Tom Lee Park.
– After the opening day, the bridge will be open daily to the public from dawn to 10 p.m.
– I’ve been on it. It’s not scary. There are great views! Watch this video (taken from the I Love Memphis snapchat, which is @ilovememblog, you should follow the account!) …
Note: Photos and graphics in this post were provided by representatives of Big River Crossing. Do not share without permission.