365 Things to Do in Memphis #200: Find A Memphis Food Truck
If you’ve been itching to try all of Memphis’ new food trucks but don’t have time to go chasing them all over town, here’s the solution: assignment #200 in the 365 Things to Do in Memphis is to find a Memphis Food Truck.
There are multiple food truck gatherings in the city each week, plus several places you can usually count on finding them around town. Below you’ll find a quick list, but you can go to this post for more in-depth info.
– Food Truck Thursdays in Court Square (spring through fall)
– Food Truck Fridays at the Dixon (April through September)
– Baptist corporate offices on Humphries (weekday lunches)
– Wiseacre, High Cotton, and Memphis Made taprooms (especially on weekends)
– Memphis Farmer’s Market (Saturday mornings April through October)
– Cooper Young Community Farmer’s Market sometimes has trucks or carts (Saturday mornings year round)
– Food Truck Fridays at FedExForum (June)
– Fountain Fridays at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium (occasional – the next one is August 19, 2016)
Of course, there’s the annual Mid-South Food Truck Fest, which was held in May 2016. More than 70 food trucks from all across the southeast (and beyond) gathered at Liberty Bowl
I’ve also put together an ongoing list of Memphis food trucks’ Twitter accounts that you can subscribe to. Individual accounts update their location and schedules, though some are more active than others.
Know of any ongoing events or spots in town where you can reliably find mobile meals? Which food trucks should I check out?
Let me know in the comments.