5 Things To Do This Weekend 6/3 – 6/5
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss in Memphis this weekend.
1. Levitt Shell Concert Series, Levitt Shell, most Fridays – Sunday, 7:30 p.m., all ages, free
This weekend is the first for the Levitt Shell’s summer series. Bring your chairs, blankets, drinks, and food, and enjoy to a slew of free shows at the Levitt Shell. Go here for the full schedule.
2. Memphis Italian Festival, Marquette Park, Friday – Saturday, all day, $8 – $15, all ages
Memphis’ Italian community celebrates with food, games, a cooking contest and more at the Memphis Italian Festival. Similar to BBQ Fest, you have to have an inside connection or be a part of a cooking team in order to eat most of the food, so prepare accordingly.
3. Memphis Punk Rock Fest, various locations, Friday – Sunday, $5 – $45, most shows 21 and up
Thirty punk, ska, metal, and hardcore acts will take to seven different Memphis venues for three days of shows. All shows are 21+ except for the Hi Tone on June 4th and June 5th (day show only) and Folkmania’s show at Canvas is 18+. Individual shows range from pay-what-you-can up to $20, or you can get two-day passes for $30 or a full weekend pass for $45.
4. A Day of Merrymaking, Overton Park, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., suggested donation $5, all ages
Bring the kids out to play at the park: games and entertainment, water slides, tons of food trucks, vendors, music, and more.The event is free, but $5 donations are greatly appreciated. Dogs are welcome!
5. Spillit Story Slam, Amurica Photo, Saturday, 7 p.m., $10, 18+
Spillit’s live storytelling gatherings continue throughout the summer. If you haven’t been, you need to. Just trust me. Story Slams are open competitions where you can sign up at the door to tell your story for the audience and judges. Center Stage events are where the speakers are pre-chosen from applicants. Go here for dates, themes, and how to sign up to share your story.
Have a great weekend and come back here Monday to tell me all about it! Don’t forget to tag your photos #ilovememphis and check out the Can’t Stop The Feeling Video I posted earlier this week.