Bring The Crew To Hang Out At Loflin Yard Downtown

Posted by Holly Whitfield | April 4th 2016 8412 0

Loflin Yard is a casual spot with a cool atmosphere – most of it is literally a yard – that’s open for dinner during the week and during the day and until late on weekends.

Loflin has a front bar room that’s indoors and serves up craft cocktails and local beer, and you can order food. There’s also a building – The Coach House – with another bar. In between, there’s a big open lawn with chairs, fire pits, picnic tables, games, and more. Think rustic-but-fancy bbq joint. Tin roofs. Refurbished furniture.

Their food is in the realm of burgers and BBQ, grilled veggies, sandwiches, cheese plate, etc. The food and drinks are a bit pricey, but you’re paying for the fun space, the see-and-be-seen atmosphere, and usual entertainment or tunes.

It’s a popular place for the young professionals that live in South Main to congregate, and other big groups of friends. Loflin also hosts regular parties and events, as well as live music.
Loflin Yard downtown memphis

Photo via Loflin Yard on Facebook

Go there:

Loflin Yard
7 West Carolina Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee

Follow Loflin on Facebook and Instagram (@loflinyard), or visit loflinyard.com.

Comments

1. Bridget says:

Do we know if this place will be considered “kid friendly”?

• Holly Whitfield says:

I’ll try to find out when I go to the soft opening.

• Holly Whitfield says:

Bridget,

There’s space for kids to run around, and families are definitely welcome. There’s a big ditch and some unfinished buildings, though, so just a heads up that the kiddos might need a little supervision. I can envision that later into the evening, the crowd will become a bit more adult, so you can keep that in mind as well. When I was there for the soft opening, kids were totally welcome and they were there aplenty.

2. […] Go there …read more […]

3. Jeremy says:

I went by there last Tuesday (4/12/16) at 5:30 p.m. and they were definitely closed 🙁 One of the managers was super nice and gave us a quick insider tour of the place which helped offset the disappointment we’d had when learning they were closed that day despite the listed times on the article above. All good, just FYI everyone (and this is the updated edition straight from the source) their hours as of 4/12/16 are:

Wed-Thur 4-11
    Fri 4-12
    Sat 12-12
    Sun 12-9

ah and the kitchen always closes 1hr before close. The place is definitely worth a visit, it seemed like a brilliant idea!

• Holly Whitfield says:

Thanks Jeremy,
      I had no idea they’d changed their hours. This was the info given to me initially. I’m glad you were given a tour and thanks for the updated info. Usually places go through some changes when they first open, so it’s always a good idea to call ahead if you’re going right at the start. Let me know what you think when you do get to try it!