What You Need to Know About The Memphis Redbirds 2016 Baseball Season
It’s almost time for Memphis baseball. This means fireworks, food, the very hilarious Rockey the Redbird mascot, the best minor league ballpark in the country, and of course, great baseball from our Triple-A team, the Redbirds.
It’s easy to forget that you’re in the middle of a city during a Redbirds game. The stadium is breezy, it’s totally family-friendly, you can watch future MLB stars in action, and tickets are inexpensive ($9 for bluff seat).
The Redbirds 2016 home games start on Thursday, April 7 against the Colorado Springs Sky Sox. After that, the Memphis Redbirds play at home several times every week until August. You can now buy single game tickets or ticket packages online or at the box office.
Here are some of the ongoing promo nights the Memphis Redbirds baseball team will host this year during home games. Click here to see full schedule and specific dates.
– Tuesday Hot Dog Nights: $1 King Cotton hot dogs for sale
– Thursday College Nights: College students with valid student ID can purchase $5 Left Field Bluff tickets at the Box Office (must be purchased in person) and the Left Field Bar will serve $2 draft beer during the game – for those 21+ of course.
– Saturday Postgame Fireworks
– Ice Cream Sundays: The first 2,500 kids age 12 and under will receive a free ice cream treat, courtesy of Prairie Farms Dairy.
Here’s a schedule the one-game-only promo nights the Memphis Redbirds baseball team will host this year:
– Saturday, May 14: The first 1,500 fans will receive a St. Louis Cardinals bobblehead featuring All-Star starting pitcher and former Redbird Adam Wainwright. Also, it’s Star Wars night! (Not sure what this means, but I’m into it.)
– Saturday, May 21: The first 1,500 fans can take home a replica Yadier Molina Cardinals Jersey
– Saturday, June 11: The first 1,500 fans can take home a Redbirds Replica Jersey.
– Saturday, June 18: It’s “Beach Bash” Night, plus the first 1,500 fans will get a Redbirds beach towel.
– Saturday, June 25: “Princess & Pirate Night” (again, not sure what this means but it sounds great). Also, the first 1,500 fans can take home a 6.5-inch-tall Cardinals 2006 World Series Championship Trophy replica. Whoa.
– Monday, July 4: There will be special postgame fireworks in honor of Independence Day.
– Saturday, July 9: “Christmas In July” night. The Redbirds will wear special Christmas jerseys and the first 1,500 fans can take home a holiday scarf.
– Saturday, July 23: The first 1,500 fans will receive a bobblehead featuring St. Louis Cardinals 2015 Minor League Player of the Year and former Redbirds All-Star Stephen Piscotty.
– Saturday, August 6: It’s “Super Hero Night”, and there will be Redbirds Adult Pullover giveaway – details TBA.
– Saturday, August 27: The first 1,500 fans can take home a Memphis Chicks replica jersey.
New as of last year: Auto Zone Park was renovated with a brand-new playing field, a state-of-the-art LED scoreboard in left field, a BBQ-themed food area in the right field concourse, two new “bluffs” in the main seating bowl and an all-inclusive club in right field.
200 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103