5 Things To Do This Weekend In Memphis: 12/25 – 12/27
Merry Christmas Memphis! I hope that you have a beautiful day with friends and family. I have a few ideas for continuing the celebration through the weekend. If you’re looking for a list of places open today, click here.
1. Go Out On Christmas, Various Places, Friday
If you’re looking for somewhere to eat (or, let’s be real – drink) today, I have a full list right here. Highlights include the Lafayette’s Christmas Party with Loveland Duren and Ghost Town Blues Band, Super T at the Hi-Tone at 8 p.m., Jack Oblivion at DKDC at 10:30 p.m., and karaoke at the P&H at 11 p.m.
2. Indoor Recess Night, Five In One Social Club, Saturday, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., free to enter, 21 and up
Bring out your inner kid with comic Katrina Coleman as she hosts an afternoon of coloring, drinking, and board games.
3. Andy Fleming & Friends: A Comedy Show!, Midtown Crossing Grill, Saturday, 8 p.m., free, 21 and up
Comedian Andy Fleming hosts his annual Boxing Day comedy show at Midtown Crossing Grill at 8 p.m. The show features 9 different Memphis and Chicago comics and is totally free to attend.
4. Eat, Drink, & Be Ugly: Party For The Hub, Earnestine & Hazel’s, Saturday, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., $25, 21 and up
This is your chance to wear that trendy ugly sweater that you will undoubtedly receive this weekend. Head to South Main’s favorite juke joint for a party benefitting Hospitality Hub. Expect drinks, Soul Burgers, and the Grizz game on the TV.
5. Starry Nights, Shelby Farms, all weekend, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m., $20 per car/$50 van/$150 charter bus, all ages/kid-friendly
It may not feel like the holidays outside, but you can still get your fill of cheer with a ride through Shelby Farm’s display of 1.5 million lights.
A few more things to do:
Hear some live music on Saturday night: Hope Clayburn and the Soul Scrimmage at The Cove at 10 p.m., Devil Train at 10 p.m. at Young Avenue Deli, and Motel Mirrors at DKDC at 10:30 p.m.
Snowy Nights at the Memphis Botanic Garden is closed for the 25th, but will be open nightly the 26th – 30th from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – last admission 8 p.m. I recommend buying tickets online ($8-$10 + fees) ahead of time.
The Pink Palaces’ Enchanted Forest is also closed on Christmas Day, but will be open Dec. 26 – 30. Click here for hours.