2015 I Love Memphis Last Minute Gift Guide
If you waited until the last minute to do your Christmas shopping, never fear. Here are 14 last-minute Memphis gift ideas. I’ve included store info and hours to make your panic-shopping a little easier.
1. A Memphis Flavor gift box. It’s too late to get something in the mail, but if you’re in the area, email email@example.com ASAP and local pickup can probably be arranged.
Almost too late but you’re still under the wire for rushed or local delivery. We can personally deliver arranged orders in the #Memphis area #lastminuteshoppers #MemphisFlavor #choose901 #gift901 #ilovememphis @libbykilpatrick @rendezvousmemphis @centralbbq @brotherjunipers @germantowncommissarybbq @crazygoodsauce @feliciasuzannewillett #merrychristmas #happy
2. Handmade toys from City & State (2625 Broad Ave.) Also available: jewelry, clothes, men’s and women’s scents/bath stuff, books and magazines, craft kits, cards, and more. Holiday hours: Dec. 21 – 23: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Dec. 24: 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Handmade goodies straight from Santa’s workshop. A photo posted by CITY&STATE (@cityandstate) on
3. Locally-made statement necklaces from KPreSha Boutique (323 S. Main St.) Also available: men’s and women’s clothes, shoes, and jewelry. Holiday hours: Dec. 21 – 24: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
4. Tiny food jewelry by Gnomeore Crafts at Five In One Social Club (2535 Broad Ave.). Also available: art, books, jewelry, clothes, cups, ornaments, coloring books, and more from local artists. Lots of Memphis-themed stuff. Holiday hours: Dec. 21 – 23: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Dec 24: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Out for brunch? We’re here until 5 today. Come check out these awesome holiday themed tiny foods. No calories here! A photo posted by Alice Laskey-Castle (@fiveinonesocialclub) on
5. Limited-edition wine from Doc’s Wines, Spirits, and More (6645 Poplar Ave. Ste. 101). Also available: Pyramid vodka, local beer, host gifts, and speciality local food items like popcorn, Porcellino’s meat and cheese, chocolate, and more. Holiday hours: Dec. 21 – 23: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Dec. 24: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
6. Scented candles made onsite at Downtown Candle Co. (107 GE Patterson). Also available: Dozens of scents (including manly ones), body bars, rooms sprays. Holiday hours: Dec. 21 – 24: 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
New holiday fragrances available! #3for35 #BlackFriday instore and #CyberMonday online this Monday! Tag a friend that loves candles below 👇 A photo posted by Downtown Candle Company (@downtowncandleco) on
7. Memphis t-shirt from Falling Into Place Shop (2613 Broad Ave). Also available: jewelry, scents, bags, air plants, candles, decor, and more. Holiday hours: Dec. 21 – 24: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
8. Memphis foodstuffs from 387 Pantry (387 S. Main). Also available: cocktail mixers, meats and cheeses, gift items, local cookbooks, coffee, and more. See also their sister-shop in the same space Stock & Belle for apparel, art, and furniture. Holiday hours: Dec. 21 – 24: 9 a.m. – 7p.m.
Need a quick gift idea? We are happy to offer two holiday gift boxes for you to pick up in the shop. This one focuses on products made right here in the Bluff City. Included is a jar of Old Apple Hill Brine pickles, a tin of @porcellinos rub, a bag of @shotwellcandy caramels, a “Memphis” card by @turnrowletterpress, and a bag of @dr.beanscoffeeandtea coffee all for $40. Stop by the shop to pick one up! #DeliciousLifestyle #GoSouthMain #38103 A photo posted by 387 PANTRY (@387pantry) on
9. Delicious butter cookies and other sweets from Makeda’s Cookies (2370 Airways and 488 S. Second St. – you can also pick up Makeda’s cookies at Kroger, SuperLo, Cash Saver, and Montessi’s). Check Facebook for holiday hours. Normally, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. for the Airways location and noon to 5 p.m. for 2nd Street location.
10. Ornament from Metal Museum Holiday Store (374 Metal Museum Dr.). Also available: jewelry, art, handmade gifts, home items, and more. Holiday hours: Dec. 22 – 23: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Dec. 24: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
11. TCB men’s socks from Lansky Bros. Shops (Inside the Peabody Hotel Lobby or at 126 Beale St.) Also available: Men’s and women’s designer apparel, Memphis music t-shirts, ornaments, accessories, TOMS shoes. Holiday hours: Dec. 21 – 24: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
12. Gift certificate from Goner Records (2152 Young Ave.) so giftee can pick out whatever Memphis music floats their boat. Holiday hours: Dec. 21 – 23: noon to 7 p.m. Dec. 24: noon to 5 p.m.
13. “The Vanishing Island” YA novel by Memphis author Barry Wolverton at Booksellers at Laurelwood. Also available: A ton of other Memphis-related and Memphis-written books, Memphis Grizz and Tigers gifts, and more. Holiday hours: Dec. 21 – 24: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
For the young and young-at-heart reader, we can’t recommend Barry Wolverton’s THE VANISHING ISLAND enough!! It’s by far one of our favorites of 2015, and makes for the perfect holiday gift!!! #choose901 #ilovememphis #shoplocal #MemphisGetsLit A photo posted by Booksellers At Laurelwood (@laurelwoodbooks) on
14. Give Back. Have a friend who says “don’t get me anything?” You can still show them you care by donating in their honor to one of the local non-profits on the 2015 Giving and Volunteering Guide.
This is just a few of hundreds of possible Memphis gifts ideas. What are some of your favorites?
Ed. Note: Photo at the top of the post is via @fiveinonesocialclub on Instagram.