New Food Truck Alert! The Pop Stop Rolls Out Next Week
Memphis’ food truck scene feels like it’s really hitting its stride and breaking out beyond the expected tacos and sandwiches (not that there’s anything wrong with that).
The next food truck to take to the streets will be The Pop Stop. An offshoot of Ty and Maddy’s popcorn shop in Cordova, this craft soda and flavored popcorn truck will launch next week. You can follow them on Facebook to keep up, and I’ll also be sharing their whereabouts on my Twitter for the launch events.
The Pop Stop will carry 30 flavors of soda and 20 flavors of gourmet popcorn every time it goes out with a total inventory of several hundred flavors of each.
Here is an Instagram photo of a Swamp Pop Praline Cream Soda from the Swamp Pop account. This is one of the flavors you’ll be able to get at Memphis’ Pop Stop. It looks supremely delicious.
Another fun thing you can pick up at The Pop Stop truck will be the Fizzy Pop Boxes. They’ll be subscription boxes with two sodas and two bags of popcorn (perfect for sampling or as a date night kit). Prices are TBA. Here are the first five boxes:
– Sugar and Spice: Dang! Butterscotch Root Beers, Cinnaboom and Cajun popcorn
– Forever Young: Boylan Shirley Temples sodas, Sour Pop and Fruit Blast popcorn
– Chocopalooza: Langers Chocolate sodas, Milk Chocolate Drizzle and Chocolate Dream popcorn
– Little Porker: Chocolate Covered Maple Bacon sodas, Maple Bacon and BBQ Kettle popcorn
– Merry Frizzle: Mistletoe Mist sodas, White Chocolate Peppermint and Red Hot Cinnamon and Green Apple popcorn (for December Box for members)
Also, Ty and Maddie’s Popcorn has also started making dog treats (because why not?!) and has already started selling popcorn for people and treats for dogs out of their Doghouse truck which you can keep up with here.
You can bet I’ll be sampling these crazy flavored pops and popcorns as soon as I can. Then I”ll report back to you. Cheers to new food truck options!