Memphis International Jazz Festival 2015 Is This Weekend
The 4th Annual Memphis international Jazz Festival is this weekend. The celebration of Memphis’ jazz heritage includes panels for aspiring and experienced jazz musicians, plus three days of live music open to the public.
Here’s the schedule.
Friday, November 20, 2015
– The Tom Lonardo Orchestra (Tom Lonardo, Joe Restivo, Tony Thomas, Breeze Cayolle) perform at 7 p.m. in the Central Station Ballroom at 545 South Main. Tickets are $20 and all ages are welcome. Buy tickets.
Saturday, November 21, 2015
– Visible Music College brings together jazz masters, students, and enthusiasts to discuss jazz during four panel discussions, which are all free and open to the public.
1 p.m. Jazz Inspired Design
2 p.m. Jazz Legacy
3 p.m. Student Jazz Combos
4 p.m. Presentation by the Centers for Medicare Health and Medicaid Services
– At 7 p.m., head to Central BBQ’s downtown location for live jazz performances, delicious barbecue, and good company. Admission is free
Sunday, November 22, 2015
– Enjoy the most chill Sunday brunch of all time with vocalist Gloria White at Rizzo’s (492 S. Main) beginning at 11 a.m.
– The Sunday Night Jam closes out the festival with performances at Earnestine & Hazel’s beginning at 8:30 p.m. All are welcome to bring their instruments and join in at this free event.