20 Ways To Celebrate National Sandwich Day
It’s no secret that love sandwiches almost as much as I love Memphis, so I’m obviously going to have to celebrate the completely-made-up-and-ridiculous National Sandwich Day “holiday” today (November 3).
From old-school Memphis classics to new offerings, here are some of Memphis’ tastiest meals between two pieces of bread.
1. The Ami (pastrami, salami, provolone) at Vanelli’s Deli in Germantown. Read more.
2. Bagel Sandwich Thing at Otherlands. Read more.
3. Breakfast Sandwich from Porcellino’s. It changes daily, but sausage, country ham, and fried chicken are favorites.
4. Chicken Roll with Boom-Boom Sauce at Evelyn & Olive. Read more.
5. Chicken panini from Cafe Eclectic. Read more.
6. Cubano at Aldo’s Midtown. Read more.
7. Cubano Torta at Maciel’s Tortas and Tacos. Read more.
8. The Fino (salami, provolone, marinated tomatoes, onions, crusty bread) from Fino’s. Read more.
9. Firebird Grinder from Rock ‘n’ Dough (which just opened its East Memphis location on Highland). Read more.
10. Fried Green Tomato BLT at Next Door. Read more.
11. Grilled Cheese Sandwich (add bacon, avocado, and/or a fried egg) from Fuel Cafe/Fuel Food Truck. Read more.
12. Holiday Chicken Salad on Cornbread from Lunchbox Eats. Read more.
13. Ice Cream Sandwich from Felicia Suzanne’s. (It counts!) Read more.
14. Panini of the Day from Cafe Keough (this one had chicken and pickled veggies). Read more.
15. Pulled Pork Sandwich with slaw from Central BBQ. Classic.
16. The Stanley (turkey, fontina, pickled red onion, arugula, artichoke) at Tamp & Tap downtown. Read more.
17. The Turk (turkey, provolone, veggies, parmesan, dressing) from Kwik Check. Read more.
18. Goobma from Porcellino’s (sopressata, porchetta, gabagool, tomato olive tapenade, homemade white bread) purchased at City & State. Read more about City & State.
19. Turkey Sub at the Chinese Sub Shop. Read more.
20. Veggie Sandwich Special (changes daily) at The Beauty Shop in Cooper Young. Read more.
I know I left off a ton. What are your favorite Memphis sandwiches? Let me know in the comments!