5 Things To Do In Memphis This Weekend: 5/8 – 5/10
Happy Friday! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss this weekend.
1. Memphis Greek Festival, Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, Friday – Saturday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., $3 admission, all ages
Take a trip to the “little Greek island on Highland” for dancing (don’t worry, there are lessons), a marketplace, tours of the church sanctuary, live music and yes, tons of food. If you can’t stay for dinner, you can always get food in the drive-thru. Donate 3 cans of food for the free admission
2. LITE Launch Event, Friday, Hutchison School, 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., $30, all ages
LITE stands for let’s innovate through education and is a local organization that empowers high school student to launch businesses and non-profits that improve their communities. See this LITE class’s three finalists present their ideas at the event tonight. Tickets are $30; proceeds benefit the program. and can be purchased at litememphis.com.
3. Dog-A-Roo, Shelby Farms, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., parking is $5, event is free, all ages + dogs of course
Head to the Outback Off-Leash Dog Park part of Shelby Farms for a festival for the dogs where all proceeds benefit Shelby Farms and the Greenline. Bring your dog and participate in a canine costume contest, dock dog demos, a rescue parade, agility course, training, Q&As with pet experts, music, a four-legged 4K, and more.
4. Grizzlies v. Warriors, FedExForum, Saturday, 7 p.m., prices vary, all ages/kid-friendly
Our beloved Grizzlies go up against the Golden State Warriors at home for Game 3 of Round 2 of the Western Conference Semifinals. If you can’t make it to the Grindhouse, be sure to tune in on the radio (ESPN 92.9) or on TV on ABC, or head out to your favorite bar that’s showing the game. For some ideas, click here.
5. Impala Live in Memphis, Bar DKDC, Saturday, 10 p.m., 21 and up
90s instrumental Memphis-based rock band Impala is back for a live show at Bar DKDC in Cooper Young on Saturday night. Here’s what the Facebook event says about the music: “Combust or be combusted, these songs [instruct]. Destroy yourself before the music destroys you. Praise the drumbeat, and pass a bottle of booze to the stage.” Sounds like a blast!
Have a great weekend!