20 Places For Mother’s Day Brunch In Memphis
Mark your calendars – Mother’s Day is on Sunday, May 10th. Here are 20 places doing specials and reservations for Mother’s Day brunch (and a few tea times).
Ed. Note: I’ve updated this guide as of May 6, 2015 and added numbers 16-20. Keep in mind that some on this list may be full at this point, but you can always check out the Memphis Brunch Guides for more ideas.
1. Mother’s Day Tea, Elmwood Cemetery, May 9 (Saturday), 10 a.m., $35 per person
The city’s most notable cemetery is hosting a special Mothers Day event with tea, mimosas, desserts, and a tour of the grounds. Walking will be required, so wear the appropriate clothes and footwear. Reservations required, follow the link above to register online. Take note that this is on May 9th, the day before Official Mother’s Day.
2. Mother’s Day Jazz Brunch, Memphis Botanic Gardens, May 10 (Sunday), 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., $10 – $55
Take your mom to brunch in the Japanese garden at the Memphis Botanic Gardens. The gourmet lunch will also include live music and crafts for children. Tickets for adults are $45 members/$55 non-members and kids 2-12 are $10. Carriage rides and adult drinks are extra. Reservations are required, call (901) 636-4131.
3. Mother’s Day Brunch, Mezzanine at the Peabody Hotel, May 10 (Sunday), 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., $64+ adults, $22 children
Memphis’ famous Peabody Brunch is all for the moms on this day, with everything from fried green tomatoes to caviar to waffles served buffet-style. Reservations are required 901-529-4183.
4. Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea, Chez Philippe at the Peabody Hotel, May 10 (Sunday), 3 p.m. – 5 p.m., $30-$40 adults, $24 children
Sip on tea and snack on tea sandwiches and sweets during a three-course light meal inside the opulent Chez Philippe dining room. Reservations are required 901-529-4183.
5. Mother’s Day Dinner, Capriccio Grill at the Peabody Hotel, May 10 (Sunday), evening, $65 per person
Treat mom to a three-course meal with a special dessert in the Peabody’s restaurant. Reservations are required 901-529-4183.
6. Mother’s Day Brunch, Capitol Grille, May 10 (Sunday), seatings begin at 10 a.m., $49 adults, $15, children
Order from the full dinner menu at Capitol Grille on Mother’s Day or go for their three-course brunch menu. Reservations highly recommended 901-683-9291.
7. Mother’s Day Brunch, Texas de Brazil, May 10 (Sunday), opens at 11 a.m., $24.99 – $44.99+
Steak-loving moms will love the mother’s day brunch at Texas de Brazil (all-you-can-eat meats of every kind and a huge “salad” bar that’s much more than salad). Every mom at your table will also receive a $25 gift certificate for a future visit. Reservations are required; call 901-526-7600.
8. Mother’s Day Brunch, Majestic Grille, May 10 (Sunday), 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., prices vary
Take mom to classic, classy downtown brunch at the Majestic. There are a few seatings until 2:30; Majestic will be closed for dinner on May 10. Reservations required 901-522-8555.
9. Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet, Bleu, May 10 (Sunday), 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m., $45 per person
Head to Bleu restaurant in the Westin Hotel for a special Mother’s Day brunch buffet with live music, and a moms-only spa room with champagne, nail art, and massages. Cost for brunch is $45, spa room for moms is included. Call 901-334-5950 for reservations.
10. Mother’s Day Buffet, U of M Holiday Inn (3700 Central Ave.), May 10 (Sunday), 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., $15.95.$34.95
Treat mom to a humongous brunch buffet at the University of Memphis Holiday Inn. Adults are $34.95, seniors are $31.95, kids ages 6 to 12 are $15.95, and little ones under 5 are free. Call 901-678-8200 for reservations.
11. Mother’s Day at Eighty3, Madison Hotel, May 10 (Sunday)
Eighty3 restaurant at the Madison is doing another special Mother’s Day meal this year. I’ll have details and times available in the next day or two.
12. Mother’s Day Buffet, Owen Brennan’s, May 10 (Sunday), 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.. $36 adults/$18 kids/drinks are extra
Mother’s Day seems like the perfect day to splurge on a big ol’ Cajun/Creole inspired brunch buffet at Owen Brennan’s in East Memphis; just be sure you call 901-761-0990 for reservations.
13. Mother’s Day Brunch, Lafayette’s Music Room, May 10 (Sunday), opens at 11 a.m.
Have a side of live music for with your Mom’s Day brunch, as the Joe Restivo 4 play at Lafayette’s at 11 a.m. Or hang around for Dan Montgomery at 4 p.m. and the Nick Black CD Release Party at 8 p.m. Call 901-207-5097 for reservations.
14. Mother’s Day Brunch, Sweet Grass, May 10 (Sunday), 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Honor your mom at brunch with a low country/Southern twist at Sweet Grass in Cooper Young. Menu details on the way.
15. Mothers Day Brunch at the Brushmark, Brooks Museum of Art, May 10 (Sunday), 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., order a la carte
Take your mom to brunch at the Brushmark with live jazz, then take her on a tour of the exhibits Brooks Museum of Art and a walk in Overton Park. Menu items range from $12 to $24. Reservations highly recommended 901-544-6225.
16. Sunday Gospel Brunch, Dizzy Bird Lounge (652 Marshall Ave.), May 10 (Sunday), 2 p.m. – 4 p.m., $25
Do something different for mom this year by taking her to the intimate Dizzy Bird Lounge for a meal and music from gospel artist Cortney Richardson and friends.
17. Mother’s Day Brunch at Interim, Interim Restaurant, May 10 (Sunday), $15-$25
Treat mother to a three-course brunch in Interim’s swanky dining room on Sunday. Call (9010-818-0821 for reservations).
18. Alchemy Mom’s Day Brunch, May 10 (Sunday), 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Enjoy special dishes just for Mother’s Day and a $5 Bloody Mary, Mimosa. and Bellini Bar in addition to Alchemy’s regular brunch menu. Food is served until 3 p.m., but the bar stays open ’til 4 p.m. Call (901) 726-4444.
19. Three Angels on Broad, May 1o (Sunday), 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Check out the swanky evolution of Three Angels – and their gorgeous patio, weather permitting – this Mother’s Day with classic brunch dishes and $5 drink specials. Call (901) 452-1111 for reservations.
20. Itta Bena Mother’s Day Dinner, May 10 (Sunday), 5 p.m. – 10 p.m., $39 per person
Not so much into brunch? Take mom to the “secret” restaurant above B.B. King’s for an upscale three-course meal for Mother’s Day Dinner. Reservations are recommended but not required; call (901) 578-3031.
You can also check out the Memphis Brunch Guides for more ideas. If you know of an additional place doing a special Mother’s Day brunch menu, leave info in the comments or email me email@example.com