Live From The Brewery: Star & Micey’s Nick Redmond and Geoff Smith
If you subscribe to the I Love Memphis Podcast on iTunes then you already know that the I Love Memphis podcast is taking the show on the road for April and May and broadcasting live from the Tennessee Brewery on alternating Thursdays.
If not you can subscribe for free right here to make sure you don’t miss a minute of Kevin Cerrito and me interviewing interesting Memphians.
Our guests for the second April 2015 I Love Memphis Podcast are Nick Redmond and Geoff Smith, from famed Memphis band and Memphis in May act Star & Micey.
Just press play below to listen right here on the site.
Here are some links to things we talked about in the podcast:
– Star & Micey’s PledgeMusic campaign: support final product of their new record and get awesome perks in return, like hanging out with the band for a night, having them record a song in your living room, or record a signing telegram. Or just throw in a few bucks for digital downloads, CDs, and posters for “Get ‘Em Next Time” due out this summer.
– Star & Micey on Facebook.
– The 12 Days of Memphis Christmas song.
– Silas Timberlake
– FedExForum Post-Game Plaza Cupid Shuffle, Grizz’s insane wrestling moves
Despite my inability to say it correctly on the podcast, our next two Live From The Brewery Dates are May 7 and May 21. Stop by and say hi while we recrod live at about 5 p.m. in the art atrium area by the cool staircase.
We couldn’t do this alone. Here are some lovely folks we’d like to thank.
– Gil Worth from OAM Network for making the live broadcast and recording happen. This wouldn’t be possible without his network – check out all the podcasts!
– Rick Trotter, announcer for the Memphis Grizzlies, for generously offering his amazing voice work
– Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau (my employer) for supporting the I Love Memphis blog and podcast
– Geoff and Nick for taking time out of their busy opening day duties to interview with us
– Hope Clayburn, for making soulful funky tunes like “Love is on the Way”, which we sample on the podcast