Biscuits, Pancakes, and Late-Night Breakfast: Thursday News Update
In today's night news update, we have new breakfast options in Memphis, several ways to help support the Mid South Food Bank, and of course, all your Memphis Snow Day photos.
Photo via @runitone on Instagram. Scroll down to see if your photo
– Today, we released the March 2015 I Love Memphis Podcast, featuring Chef Logan of MasterChef Junior. Listen to the interview where Logan tells all (or as much as he can) about his winning season on the FOX TV show right here.
Photo via Bluff City Biscuits website.
– Move over Chic-Fil-A, there's a new biscuit in town, and this one's local. Bluff City Biscuits launched their bulk breakfast delivery service recently with chicken, sausage, and ham biscuits. "The Bob" biscuit comes with country ham and pimento cheese. I meant…wow. You can bet I'll be trying these real soon. It's bulk delivery only.
– Pancake lovers, rejoice! Memphis is getting a brand-new pancake shop. Staks will open in East Memphis in early summer in Laurelwood Collection shopping center (by the Chili's). You'll be able to pick your own toppings and batter flavors. There are plans for lunch and dinner service, plus espresso, grilled cheese sandwiches, and perhaps a limited bar.
– Today, the Arcade Restaurant will begin serving their signature breakfast fare in the evenings a few days a week. They're also seeking a liquor license for bloody marys and boozy milkshakes, according to this MBJ piece. The new hours are 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays (and they're still open 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. the other four days a week.
– So You Think You Can Dance will host auditions for Season 12 on Sunday, March 8, at the Orpheum Theatre. Read more here.
– Been looking to try the new grilled cheese food truck? Next Friday, March 13, Central BBQ food truck and Say Cheese food truck will be at the Memphis Visitor Center at 3205 Elvis Presley Blvd. If you're in Whitehaven between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. that day, there's your lunch plan!
– Want to help provide fresh, locally-grown food for the Mid-South Food Bank? Then become a sponsor of Gaia Memphis' Community Table Garden (which is at 1895 Madison across from the midtown Huey's). It's really easy: just go to their Facebook page and click on "Donate Here". If you donate $125 or more, you'll get your name painted on a plaque at the garden.
– There's another very, very easy way for you to donate to the Mid-South Food Bank without spending a dime. From now until March 13, you can donate 12 meals A DAY by texting "Hunger" to 35350. General Mills is doing an "Outnumber Hunger Campaign" and will sponsor the meals.