16 Memphis Pies For National Pie Day
It's National Pie Day! To celebrate, here is a post filled with pies from around town, in no particular order. Think of it as a family photo album of the Mid-South's pies. There are probably a few more I could add to this list, too. Let me know your favorites in the comments!
1. Pecan Pie from Muddy's
Muddy's is a Memphis institution for a reason. Read more about Muddy's Bake Shop here.
2. Apple Pie A La Mode from Dorothy Mae's
At Dorothy Mae's, your apple pie gets gussied up by being served in a martini glass and with a scoop of ice cream. Read more about Dorothy Mae's here.
3. Peanut Butter Pie from Hog and Hominy
Not to play favorites, but this might be my favorite pie in town. Read more about Hog and Hominy here.
4. Slap Yo Mama Chocolate Pie from The Pie Folks
Read more about The Pie Folks and their #1 selling, award-winning Slap Yo Mama Chocolate Pie right here.
5. Deep Dish Apple Pie from Sweet Grass/Next Door
The Apple Pie at Sweet Grass consists of layers of thinly sliced apples, sour cream, and a crisp crust. Read more about Sweet Grass here.
6. Natchitoches Meat Pie from the Second Line
Meat pies need love, too. Read more about the Second Line here.
7. Blackberry Pie from Cafe Eclectic
Their donuts, biscuits, and cinnamon rolls are amazing, so it's no surprise that Cafe Eclectic has scrumptious pies. Read more about Cafe Eclectic here.
8. Chocolate Pie from Family Pie Shop
If you're in the mood for a road trip, head to DeValls, Arkansas to the Family Pie Shop. You'll want to read up on exactly how to get there and how to prepare for your visit. Go here to read more.
9. Moon Pie
Just for fun.
10. Cherry pie and coffee drink from Cafe Ecelctic
What could possibly go better with cherry pie than a Cafe Viennese from Cafe Eclectic?
11. Pecan Pie from Gus' Fried Chicken
You know you're gonna want some sweet after that savory, spicy fried chicken. Go here to read more about Gus'. Photo via Facebook.
12. This is not a pie.
This is adorable and I found it at Muddy's…unfortunately, it's made of felt.
13. Key Lime Pie from Paulette's
You've heard of the infamous K-Pie from Paulette's, but have you tried the Key Lime Pie? Photo via Facebook.
14. Chess Pie from Lunchbox Eats
15. More pies from Muddy's Bake Shop
Just because these are so pretty. Photo via Instagram.
16. Key Lime Pie Shooter from Majestic Grille
Don't want a whole piece of pie? Get a key lime pie shooter from the Majestic Grille. Read more about the Majestic here.
Want more? Read this NYT article from last year about Memphis pies. What are your favorite Memphis pies?