Photo Contest: Win Two Tickets To The CYRBF (contest over)
** The 2014 contest is over. Congratulations to Angelique Gonzalez for her winning entry. To see entries, go here. **
The Cooper Young Regional Beer Fest is October 11, and it's going to sell out very soon. I managed to procure two free tickets from the generous folks organizing the Fest, however. To choose who wins the tickets, we're going to bring back the photo contest, this time for 5 days instead of 48 hours. Go here to buy tickets (and don't take a chance on a sellout before the contest judging) and go here to read more about CYRBF.
Here are some of the entries from last year. I challenge y'all to go bigger, better, prettier this year. Let's try to end up with a ton of photos that show Memphians' love of local business, local beer, and fun. Scroll down for the rules.
Here are the rules:
2. Post a photo on that social media that expresses your love of local beer(s) or something local beer-related. Glass, bottle, can, whatever. Try to show that it's local either by showing the logo or the location or something. Get artsy if you want. Take a selfie of you and beer. Take a picture of food and beer. Memphis stuff and beer. The best one wins. Be creative.
2. This is not for MOMA, so we're not going to split hairs on what "best" means – just have fun with it! I will say this: I'm way more impressed by creative, interesting, personal, or funny photos than I am collages of all the local beer logos.
3. You must post the photo tagged #ilovememphisbeer on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook in order to be considered. You can use a photo you took in the past, but you have to re-post it with the correct tag.
4. Only 2 submissions per person will be considered.
5. Your submission must be rated PG and you must be 21 to win. (Drink responsibly. Don't drink and drive. Use common sense when submitting these photos.)
6. Only photos tagged #ilovememphisbeer between September 25 (today) at 1 p.m. and October (next Thursday) at 1 p.m. will be judged. Winners announced Wednesday afternoon!
Again, ONLY photos on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook tagged #ilovememphisbeer will be considered. If you have some special case you where you can't/do use social media, leave me a comment and we'll figure it out.