Posted by Holly Whitfield | August 19th 2014 933 0

Have you been to the Brooks Museum to see the Marisol exhibit yet? If not, this Thursday August 21 is the perfect opportunity to see the amazing art and go to a party with music, art, dancing, and shopping.

Tickets are just $10 each, but, hey, ten bucks is ten bucks so I'm giving away a pair of tickets. Read on to find out how to win.

This Thursday, experience the colorful, expressive pieces from influential artist Marisol while enjoying a ton of Memphis party staples. Go here to read more about Mariosl and the exhibit at the Brooks. From the Facebook event:

The party starts on the plaza with mobile retail trucks KPresha Haul of Fashion, Henny Penny, Thigh High Jeans, and Sache Clothing. Then go inside the museum and get creative with Amurica, Spillit, Adam the Poet, and Memphis Urban Sketchers.

The Learn 2 Be dance squad will perform in the rotunda, and out on the terrace, Memphis Tango will hold Brooks Milongas with free lessons followed by a dance demonstration. We’re screening Andy Warhol’s 1963 film Kiss, which features Marisol, with a special soundscape created onsite by IMAKEMADBEATS, plus sets by DJ Moi, and DJ Capital A.

If you want tickets, just leave me a comment here saying which part of the party you're looking forward to the most. I'll do a random drawing tomorrow a little before 1 p.m.

Go there:
Must Love Marisol (DJs/Fashion Trucks/Dancing/Art)
Memphis Brooks Museum of Art
Thursday, August 21, 2014
$10/free to Brooks Members, plus cash bar
21 and up

Comments

1. Nathalie O. says:

I'll be looking forward to finally seeing the Marsiol exhibit since I haven't had the chance to do so before!

Thanks for the opportunity. =)

2. rena chiozza says:

The Marisol exhibit!

3. Frances says:

Me!! retail trucks??? hey, cant get better than food trucks…..I like.  πŸ™‚

4. Kathy Torode says:

Hi Holly!  I think the whole party will be fun. I am most looking forward to watching the Memphis Urban Sketchers. I just recently heard about them and I think the concept is facinating.

5. Julie Green says:

I'm looking forward to getting together with friends I haven't seen in a while and checking out the retail trucks and the dance performances inside!

6. Amelia says:

I'm excited about the dancers!

7. Whitney B. says:

I’m super excited to see the works of Marisol. Recently, I’ve rediscovered how much I love visual arts and just being in a scene where everyone is expressing. It’s cathartic, artistic, meaningful and just EPIC!

8. Adam says:

The music and the free tango sound fun!

9. Kalli Powers says:

I am excited about the Andy Warhol movie. I have not watched any of his in a hot minute!

10. Daniela G says:

im definitely excited about the Andy Warhol film Kiss

11. Lauren K. says:

I'm most looking forward to seeing the Marisol exhibit!

12. Kristen says:

The Marisol exhibit in person is breathtaking.  I especially love the Three Ladies looking into the mirror.  My favorite part of the party would be free dance lessons!

13. Susan says:

I want to see the tango demonstration!

14. Elle says:

Looking forward to the dance lessons the most!

15. April says:

I'm looking forward to finally seeing the exhibit…also the Andy Warhol film!

16. Savannah Burton says:

I would love to see the Marisol pieces but   ultimately I want to see The Learn 2 Be Dance Squad and participate in the tango lesson. Sounds like a blast!

17. Meg Johnson says:

I'm looking forward to the soundscape.

18. Karen says:

I'm looking forward to the dancing. Memphis has a lot of local talent with magnificent performers and musicians, but the dancing needs serious help. There are no places to go dancing.

19. Keilon Morton says:

The part I'm most looking forward to is the Marisol art paired with the soundscape. IMAKEMADBEATS is a great producer, and I'm excited to hear what he puts together for the exhibit!

20. Melanie Montgomery says:

I'm really looking forward to the shopping! And to see the exhibit of course.

21. Dan Twedt says:

Dance lessons πŸ™‚

22. The free dance lessons of course!!

23. C. Walker says:

The whole thing!

24. Jacob Rickert says:

The Warhol screening!

25. Andrea M. says:

looking forward to the soundscapes….oooo

26. […] This Thursday – Must Love Marisol: DJs, Dancing, Fashion at the Brooks (Win Tickets!) […]

27. Victoria Penny says:

I've really been wanting to see this exhibit and dying to see some of these shopping trucks! I live in Hernando, but I LOVE MEMPHIS, too!!!

28. Hello Mimi says:

It all sounds good, but I'm looking forward to the tango lessons!

29. Shane Simpson says:

Im really looking forward to the Marisol exhibit! Also would love to tangle with Memphis tango!

30. Lakeidra Pride says:

I can’t wait for the music and art. Love both. But I’m excited about the entire show. Glad Memphis is having a show like this.

31. Michelle Garcia says:

Can't wait for my parents to be in town from Florida to enjoy the event as a whole. I'm super excited about and am looking forward to the Learn 2 Be dance squad the most!

32. Jeanie says:

I would like to go!

33. Joslyn says:

Really looking forward to seeing Learn 2 Be dance for us!

34. Kimberly Richardson says:

I have already viewed the exhibit three times and can't wait to see it again, plus TANGO! Who can resist that?

35. Ashunti Elmore says:

I am looking forward to the break dancers! !

36. Shannon Little says:

The dancers and free lessons. Any excuse to dance, really.

37. Cathy says:

Would love to see all of these things. Especially the exhibit!

38. Leslie says:

All  of it, but especially the exhibit!

39. Celia Mason says:

Marisol, Warhol, free tango lessons and watching our art/art history Rhodes student daughter explain it all to her grandparents flying in this afternoon from Utah. The husband says his parents won't like it all, but they will LOVE our daughter's animation sharing Memphis with them. Can't wait!