August 2014 I Love Memphis Podcast: Muddy’s Bake Shop Owner Kat Gordon
On this month's I Love Memphis Podcast, my cohost Kevin Cerrito and I sit down with founder and owner of Muddy's Bake Shop, Kat Gordon. During the interview, she makes a big announcement about the name of the new Muddy's midtown location. (Hint: Grizz fans will love this one.)
We discuss how Kat's "college insomnia baking" turned into the nationally-known, local institution that is Muddy's Bake Shop, what the journey has been like for her and her staff, and all the details of the new location.
Here are some links to things and people we refer to on the August I Love Memphis podcast:
Don't forget to send us your questions or podcast topics. Kevin and I will answer them on the September podcast. Tweet us your questions @ilovememphis or @cerrito and/or tag #ILMPodcast, comment on this post, or email me here.
We couldn't do this alone. Here are some lovely folks we'd like to thank.
– Johnny Hardin aka Johnny Radio aka Johnny Podcast, Production Director at WUMR U92 FM for production, editing, and in-studio entertainment
– Malvin Massey, General Manager at WUMR U92 FM at The University of Memphis for use of facilities
– Rick Trotter, announcer for the Memphis Grizzlies, for generously offering his amazing voice work
– Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau (my employer) for supporting the I Love Memphis blog and podcast
– Kat Gordon, for leaving the kitchen for a few minutes to talk with us and bringing us a pile of delicious cupcakes and cookies.
– Hope Clayburn, for making soulful funky tunes like "Love is on the Way", which we sample on the podcast
– The Orpheum Theatre, for providing Summer Movie Series tickets for the "cast and crew" of the I Love Memphis podcast. You can see the schedule of the movies here…they go until Sept. 5.