June 2014 I Love Memphis Podcast: The Best-Dressed Guest
On this month's I Love Memphis Podcast, my co-host Kevin Cerrito and I sit down with Memphis' youngest and most fashionable reality show star Mo Bridges, 12 year old CEO of Mo's Bows.
We talk about everything from entrepreneurship to fashion to why Memphis is the perfect place for a young person like Mo to make a difference. He also tells us about his "Go Bow" bow tie now on sale, proceeds of which go to sending kids to summer camp, as well as the Kickstarter to finish making a documentary about his business.
Mo helps Kevin "look good and feel good" with this snazzy yellow bow tie. See a video of Mo tying the bow here.
Highlights from I Love Memphis Podcast #4, June 2014:
– Kevin and I discuss two things we're loving in Memphis right now: souvenir cups from Memphis' favorite restaurants and the Orpheum Summer Movie Series.
– Mo Bridges, 12 year old CEO of men's fashion accessories company Mo's Bows, answers our questions about how he got started (he was 9 when he started making bow ties with his grandmother), his goals for the future, and his appearance on the ABC reality show for entrepreneurs, "Shark Tank".
Right now, Mo is offering his "Go Mo" Summer Camp Bow Tie. It's blue with green polka dots and 100 percent of the proceeds go to sending young Memphians to summer camp.
Important: consider donating to the Mo's Bows documentary Kickstarter so filmmakers Squirrel Friends can finish the editing and distribution process on the doc they've already filmed. The Kickstarter goes until June 11 and they're really close, so consider pitching in a few bucks to spread the word about a young Memphian's success.
– Kevin and I talk about the things you can look forward to in June in Memphis, including ideas for kids, grownups, punk rockers, and everyone in between. Must do for this month? A Day of Merrymaking at Overton Park.
– Kevin and I share your picks for bands you wish would come back to Memphis and ask our question for July – what's your favorite Memphis-related T-shirt? Tweet us Memphis T-Shirt selfies at @cerrito and @ilovememphis and we'll compile the some of the pictures for a future post (must tag #ILMPodcast!)
We couldn't do this alone. Here are some lovely folks we'd like to thank.
– Johnny Hardin aka Johnny Radio aka Johnny Podcast, Production Director at WUMR U92 FM for production, editing, and in-studio entertainment
– Malvin Massey, General Manager at WUMR U92 FM at The University of Memphis for use of facilities
– Rick Trotter, announcer for the Memphis Grizzlies, for generously offering his amazing voice work
– Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau (my employer) for supporting the I Love Memphis blog and podcast
– Mo Bridges and his mother Tramica for taking time out to come and chat with us
– Hope Clayburn, for making soulful funky tunes like "Love is on the Way", which we sample on the podcast
Tell us what you think!
– HW and KC