Updated: The Ultimate Guide to Drinking Cheap In Memphis
Update: This post is old! Go to the new post! It’s right here.
You want to go out drinking, but you don’t want to spend a ton of cash in the process. Here’s your guide to the best happy hours, pint nights and drink specials all over the city.
Weekday Happy Hours
– Automatic Slim’s: $5 martinis and half-price appetizers from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday.
– Bar Louie: Memphis’ Bar Louie location has $1 off 14 oz. drafts, $2 off 20 oz. drafts, half price bottles of wine and $2 off martinis and specialty cocktails from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
– Bardog Tavern: $2 Fireball shots, $1 off all pints from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday.
– Blind Bear: Happy hour is Monday through Friday from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. Domestic bottles are $2.50, well drinks are $4 and wines are $5.
– Bon Ton Cafe: Happy hour at Bon Ton means $4 margaritas and Long Islands, $2 off premium liquor and $1 off house wine every Monday – Friday from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m.
– Bosco’s Squared: Discounts on well drinks, beers and wine (and a daily cellerman ceremony) from 3:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. Since most of the beers at Bosco’s are high-alcohol content, this is one of the most effiecient happy hours in town.
– Brass Door: Happy hour is from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. every weekday. You can take $1 off all pints of beer (other than Guiness), house wine and well drinks.
– Brookhaven Pub: Happy hour from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. $1 off all beers and well drinks.
– Ciao Bella: Half price drink specials and bar food from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., Sunday through Thursday.
– Corner Bar (updated 4/16/2014): Happy hour at Corner Bar is from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. and is different every day. On Mondays, select martinis, margaritas, and mojitas are $3. On Tuesday, Tennesse beers and spirits are $3 each. Wednesdays, you can choose from a selection of house red and white wines for $2.50, $5, and $7 each . Thursdays is Girls’ Night Out, and you can choose from a selection of pink drinks for $3 each.
– The Cove: The Cove has cocktail and oyster specials from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m., every Tuesday – Friday.
– East Tapas: Happy hour is Monday – Friday from 4:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. Get $1 off domestic beers and small plates and $.50 off wines by the glass and specialty cocktails.
– Fleming’s: Sit at the bar and get five appetizers, cocktails and wines for $6 each by the glass every night until 7 p.m.
– Green Beetle: The Green Beetle’s happy hour is from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. All well drinks, draft beers and house wines are $3.
– Huey’s: Happy hour is from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. every Monday through Friday at all Huey’s locations. Most drinks are $0.75 off.
– Huey’s Cordova: Two-for-one domestic bottles and well drinks every weekday at Huey’s Cordova location.
– Jim’s Place: Happy hour happens in the bar from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays. Well drinks are $4.50, domestic beers are $3.
– Local Gastropub: $3 well drinks and draught beers, $1 off bottled beers, specialty cocktails and wine by the glass from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday.
– Raffe’s Beer Garden: Happy hour is from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. every Monday – Friday, and you can get $3 draft beers and two-for-$3 domestic bottles.
– Sekisui: two-for-one hot sake at all Sekisui from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday.
– Side Street Grill: Happy hour runs until 7 p.m. All well drinks, draft beers and house wines are $3.
– Silly Goose: $2 domestic beers, $3 well drinks, $4 wine and $5 appetizers from 4 p.m. until 7:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
– South of Beale: Have $3 draft beers, $4 well drinks and $4 glasses of wine at SOB from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday.
– Swanky’s Taco Shop: Happy hour is Monday – Friday from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. All domestic beers are $2.75 and house margaritas are $4.
– Tamp and Tap: Tamp and Tap has two happy hours every week day, one from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. and one from 5 p.m. – 6 p.m. During both happy hours, all drinks (beer, coffee, whatever) are $1 off.
– The Tower Room: All drinks are half price from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday.
– Aldo’s Pizza Pies: All pints are $3 on Monday nights beginning at 5 p.m.
– Bardog Tavern: All pints $3 on Tuesdays from 7 p.m. to close.
– Brookhaven Pub: All pints $2.50 on Monday nights.
– Bayou Bar and Grill: All pints $3 on Tuesdays.
– Celtic Crossing: Pints start at $2.50 on Monday nights.
– Flying Saucer: Almost all pints are $3 on Monday nights.
– Huey’s Downtown: $3 pints on Wednesday nights from 4 p.m. until 10 p.m.
– Mama Mia’s: $.90 PBRs on Monday nights, which is possibly the cheapest PBR in the Memphis area.
– Side Street: All import bottles are $2 on Tuesdays.
– Slider Inn: All Pints $3 on Tuesday.
– South of Beale: All pints $3 on Wednesday and Sunday nights.
– Celtic Crossing: Wine is $2 off per glass or $5 off per bottle on Tuesday nights.
– Jim’s Place: On Tuesdays, house wine is half price.
– Le Chardonnay: Wine by the glass is half price every Monday through Friday from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m.
– Old Venice Pizza: House wine is half price on Wednesdays.
– Spindini: Half off of all pizza and wine on Monday nights.
– Bangkok Alley : Tuesday is two-for-one martini night.
– The Cove: Martini Madness on Saturdays means $5 martinis from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
– East Tapas: Tini Tuesday (every Tuesday) means $5 specialty martinis all day every Tuesday.
– Felicia Suzanne’s: Start your weekend with a three-martini lunch. Felicia’s has $0.25 martinis on Fridays during lunch service.
– Jim’s Place: Well martinis are $4 on Mondays.
– Side Street: $5 martinis on Mondays.
Beer Busts, Special Occasion Shooters and Other Cheap Drinks
– Ferraro’s: PBR is $1 every Tuesday night during trivia.
– The Pumping Station: Friday night beer bust at 10 p.m. Most of the Pump’s draught beers are on an all-you-can-drink special with the lowest priced beer starting at $3. (1382 Poplar Avenue)
– R.P. Tracks : All shooters are $1 off when a train goes by. (3547 Walker Avenue)
– Raffe’s Beer Garden: Thursday is bottle night. All bottled beers are $1 off.
– Swanky’s Taco Shop : Two-for-one margaritas on Tuesdays means that you get two 12 oz. drinks (frozen or rocks) for $5.50. (both locations)
– Ubees : $8 beer bust (all you can drink) on Wednesday and Thursday nights. On Sundays, you can get $1 off all drinks all day, and it’s half-price tab night. $3 you-call-it shots on Monday nights. (521 South Highland St.)
– Automatic Slim’s: $2.50 bloody Marys and mimosas all day on Sunday.
– Bayou Bar and Grill: $3 mimosas, bloody Marys and screwdrivers on Sundays.
– Majestic Grille: During brunch, you can get a bottle of champagne and a caraffe of OJ for $14.
– R.P. Tracks: Mimosas are $3.50 during brunch on Saturday and Sunday.
– Side Street: All-you-can-drink bloody Marys for $22 on Sundays.
– Thai Bistro: On Sundays, mimosas are $1 during brunch and pints are $3 all day.
Know of any other great Memphis drink specials, email me the details or leave them in the comments and I’ll add them to the list.