Monday News Update: TA Gets Hitched, a Mural Gets Redesigned and Local Beer Gets Put in Cans
Today in Memphis, our civic spirit animal gets married, the Buffalo Mural gets a makeover, we get our thoughts provoked, and a Memphis brewery becomes the first in Tennessee to put its beer in cans.
All of that (and more) is in today's Memphis news update:
I took this picture, but I'd love to feature your Memphis Instagram photos here. Tag them #ilovememphis.
– First up, congrats to Grizzlies forward Tony Allen, who married his longtime girlfriend over the weekend.
– Remember the Adventure River t-shirt I posted about a few weeks ago? The designer behind it has released two more vintage Memphis attraction shirts celebrating Skateland and Libertyland.
– Want to be on TV? "The Quarry", an HBO/Cinemax show that's filming in the Memphis area, is looking for extras.
– The South Main Buffalo Mural lot is about to get a major makeover that will transform it from an overgrown empty lot into an outdoor performance space / eventual market.
– Wiseacre Brewing isn't even open yet, but they've annoucned plans to become the first craft brewery in Tennessee to sell their beers in cans.
– What we've all been reading: Smart City's thought-provoking post about Memphis Myths.
– Sometimes, I (deservedly) get called out for writing a really dumb sentence.
Have a tip for I Love Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.