Wednesday News Update: New Coach, Better Seats, Self-Serve Wine
Today in Memphis, we've got a new coach, a way to get better seats, job satisfaction, and, best of all, self serve wine.
All of that (and more) is in your Wednesday Memphis news update:
Instagrammer @memphish was at the Levitt Shell last night for the Sid Selvidge memorial concert. Here, Sid's friends and supporters release red balloons in tribute.
– Just days before the NBA draft, the Grizzlies have reportedly named Dave Joerger as their new head coach. He's been an assistant with the Grizz for six years.
– Have you ever sat terrace level at a Grizzlies game and spent the whole thing staring kind of rage-ily at empty courtside seats? Problem solved.
– Good news: Memphians love their jobs. We love them more than people in Austin, but slightly less than people in Boston.
– Best news: Greencork, the new bar and restaurant opening next door to Goner Records, will have self-serve wine.
– If you've ever dreamed of taking a ride on the Memphis Belle, now you can.
– Tomorrow is National HIV Testing Day.
– I'm a little bit bummed that Memphis' Levitt Shell and Mud Island were left off of Rolling Stone's list of the best amphitheatres in the country, but considering the judges, I'm not entirely surprised.
Have a tip for I Love Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.