Wednesday News Update: It’s Cute, but What Is It? Edition
Happy Wednesday, y'all.
Today in Memphis, we've got an account of basketball behind enemy lines, an exerpt from a new book about Penny Hardaway, and an adorable, but unidentifiable critter. All of that and more is in today's Memphis news update.
– First of all, happy Teacher Appreciation Week to all of the teachers who read ILM. You guys do the hardest work, and it's definitely appreciated.
– Congrats to the Grizz on their series-evening win over the Thunder last night. Several Memphis fans were there (like these two and this guy), but the best coverage of what a game is like in "Loud City" comes from Jonathan Louis May, a Memphis fan who made the long drive to OKC to figure out just what's up with the Thunder's rather sedate home crowd.
– Reading recommendation for today: CNN has an exerpt of Wayne Drash's new book, "On These Courts", which is about Penny Hardaway and the work he's done in the Memphis youth basketball community.
– Archelo Fettuchini is adorable, but nobody, including Animal Control, seems to know exactly what it is.
– If you want to go to this spring's Zoo Brew (on May 24th), go ahead and get your tickets now, because it's likely to sell out.They're $40 (or $35 if you're a Zoo member).
– Please excuse this hipster moment, but you guys: Neutral Milk Hotel is coming to Memphis in October.
– The proposed Cooper-Young parking garage is getting more and more likely to become a reality.
Know of something going on in Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.