Wednesday News Update: It’s All (Ok, Mostly) About the Grizzlies
It's Wednesday, and if you're in Memphis, you're probably off to a slow start this morning.
I can't promise that this news update will work like coffee, but there's tons of Grizz news (which is all we can talk about right now), info on the Whole Foods expansion and something to listen to while you try to wake up.
But first, check out this photo of the Grindhouse, snapped by @ross_lloyd:
If you'd like to see your Memphis Instagram photos featured here, please tag them #ilovememphis.
– As you all know by now, the Grizz won game five of their series against the Clippers in last night. In L.A. (If you're like me, your body is reminding you that you're way too old to stay up for west coast games.) Game six will be on Friday night at FedExForum at 8 p.m. Friday night is also Music Fest, so downtown is going to be nuts. Plan accordingly.
– Speaking of last night's game, here's a photo of the bravest man in attendance.
– Also, Congrats to Mike Conley – he's one of six winners of the NBA's sportsmanship award.
– One more Grizz thing, I promise: the ever-appropriate crew at Gibson's Donuts has made special donuts for the playoffs.
– I like the fact that this guy was issued a citiation. Fair is fair.
– If you know of someone in need, there's a program giving away free window units to qualifying Shelby County residents.
– Today's recommended listening: Spillit Memphis is posting the stories from their last storytellers night. (Full disclosure – I was a part of it, but my story was definitely not the best one of the night.)
Know of something great in Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.