Monday News Update: Z-Bo Skipping, Urban Farms Reopening, Justin Timberlake Playing
Today in Memphis, we're still trying to figure out what happened during the Grizzlies game on Friday night. Also, we remember Sid Selvidge and get excited about Justin Timberlake's upcoming Memphis concert. All of that (and more) is in today's Memphis news update.
Photo by @Kenny_mane. If you'd like to see your Instagram photos here, I'd love to publish them. Just tag them #ilovememphis.
– It seems a little unfair that the Grizzlies had to play again yesterday when most of us are still trying to process just what exactly happened in the last five minutes of their last game against the Clippers. So, let's start the week with something happy. Something like this GIF of the greatest exit in basketball history:
– Speaking of great things happening at FedExForum, Justin Timberlake announced that he's doing a concert there on Nov. 18th. Tickets go on sale on Friday, May 17.
– The River Inn is the latest local hotel to decide that its rooftop needs a party-friendly update.
– Good news for Binghampton: the Urban Farms Market at the corner of Sam Cooper and Tillman is reopening for three months this summer.
– Legendary local musician Sid Selvidge passed away last week. He'll definitely, definitely be missed.
– If you want Corky's barbecue at home and don't want to pick it up, buy it frozen or have it shipped, the Corky's crew has published a new cookbook.
Know of something great in Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.