Wednesday News Update: So Much Restaurant News, Memphis Music at the White House, and Beer Week Details
Today in Memphis, we've got three juicy bits of restaurant news, Memphis music at the White House, and all of the details for Memphis Beer Week. All of that and more is in today's Memphis news update.
But first, check out this photo from @jmwarnerphoto of a woman named Natalia eating fire:
If you'd like to see your Instagram photos featured on ILM, all you have to do is tag them #ilovememphis.
– First, some big restaurant news: Deja Vu, Memphis' favorite hole-in-the-wall Cajun restaurant, is opening a second location on Main Street in the downtown core.
– In other restaurant news, Cafe Eclectic has reopened after a week of renovations. Hungry Memphis has the details.
– Also, Kelly English (of Restaurant Iris) is opening a second restaurant called the Second Line, next door to Iris. Best quote from the story: "“This is not a place where you’ll sit and ponder the food,” English said. “I’ve already got that place".
– Congrats to the Soulsville Charter School seniors: every single one of them has accepted to a four-year college or university.
– We all know that President Obama loves soul music (watch him sing Al Green's "Let's Stay Together"), and next week, he's inviting a handful of Memphis musicians – including Justin Timberlake, Al Green, Steve Cropper and Booker T. Jones – to the White House for a concert.
– If you're a college student, you can score $20 tickets to Broadway shows at the Orpheum.
– Excited about Memphis Fashion Week? Style Watch is giving away some pieces from participating designers today at noon. To enter, go here.
– Lastly, FuzzyBrew has all of the details for Memphis Beer Week, which is happening April 21 – 27th.
Know of something great in Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.