Today in Memphis, we've got a remembrance, a big concert, and a birthday celebration that's guaranteed to make you smile. Also, there's a recipe from a local blogger/author for some tacos that you're going to want to make for dinner tonight.
There are a ton of crawfish festivals happening in Memphis this spring, so it's only appropriate that Instagrammer @annecduvall snapped this photo of a mudbug on top of the world (or at least, on top of Memphis).
If you'd like to see your Memphis Instagram photos featured here, just tag them #ilovememphis.
- First, some sad news: Mark Walden, ABC24's constantly smiling chief meteorologist, passed away suddenly over the weekend. Our deepest condolences go to his family and friends.
- In case you missed it, Paul McCartney is coming to FedExForum on May 26th. Tickets go on sale Friday morning at 10 a.m.
- Bad news for intra-state travelers: Megabus has discontinued its Memphis-Nashville-Knoxville service.
- Today's feel good moment: beloved local newspaper salesman Willie Herndon turned 101 on Sunday. WMC TV has the video.
- U of M forward Adonis Thomas has decided to sign with an agent and enter the NBA draft rather than return to the Tigers next year. It's sad to see him go, but here's hoping he gets everything he's hoping for in the NBA.
- The St. Louis Cardinals are in talks to buy the Memphis Redbirds. It's unclear what this means for the local farm team, but I'll post more details as they're available.
- Congrats to the South Main ArtSpace and the Hotel Chisca redevelopment: both had their design plans approved by the downtown Design Review Board.
- Lastly, if you need something to make for dinner tonight, check out Chubby Vegetarian's recipe for baked avocado tacos.
Know of something great in Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.