Wednesday News Update: Parking Meter Updates, Puppets, Pancakes and the Imaginary Grizz Movie
Happy Wednesday. Did you all survive the crazy storms last night?
Today in Memphis, we've got new parking meters on the way, the imaginary cast of the Grizzlies movie, the state of downtown report and the director of Opera Memphis playing with puppets.
Photo by @meghugsyou via Instagram. If you'd like to see your pictures here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– Good news for those of you who never carry change: the parking meters downtown are being updated so that you can pay with a credit card. The rates and hours when paying is required will increase, but there's no word yet on how much.
– Here's a feel-good story about a MPD officer who's giving his time and money to run a mentorship program for North Memphis kids.
– This ad from a woman to her probably vegan crush is one of the best (and most gramatically correct) things I've seen on Craigslist in forever.
– The Downtown Commission has released their annual report.
– I didn't know there was a Dive Bar T-Shirt Club, but there is, and one of the upcoming featured shirts is for Memphis' own Kudzu's.
– Go ahead and mark your calendars: Feb. 5 is IHOP's Free Pancake Day. It's not exactly local, but I don't want you to miss out on free pancakes.
– Flyer writer Greg Akers has casted the imaginary Grizzlies movie so that you don't have to.